Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a handful of us taking delivery of our trucks and experiencing random things that the dealer didnt do or missed durning the PDI, or assembly line miss haps, I thought it might be good to start a list of items for others to check when taking delivery or first get the truck home.

Reading others post over the past few days had me in the garage checking things over and was helpful
copy and add to the list

After delivery items to check:
1. Tire pressure (Ford ships with approx 50psi, door sticker calls for 38) multiple reports
2. Transmission cooler line. (Several post with clips not secured and leaking)
3. Plastic wrap around front shocks (from shipping)
4. Unsecured front shock wiring Harness. Passenger side front live vale control cable grommets not in place (pictures attached)
5. Loud fan noise from under rear seat (from power inverter). TSB posted that module parameters need to be reprogrammed. Multiple reports
6. Check for box link cleats and pro trailer assist wiring harness (if applicable)
7. Correct engine shroud (Ford Performance)
8. Correct interior trim (doors and glove box) reports of random door panels and trim being incorrect
9. Factory bed liner pealing along bulkhead edges
10. Check fuses under hood. Multiple reports! (Not fully seated) engine bay - back corner - passenger side
11. Check fluid levels, oil/coolant
12. inspect rear taillights to ensure they are the same (brightness and overall appearance)
13. Heat shield/insulator pad above exhaust hanging/falling down.
14. Subwoofer housing under rear seat not tighter down completely, rattling sound.multiple reports
15. Rear fuel line vent hose not fastened/clipped hanging down near spare tire rear shock area (picture attached)
16. Rear wire harness near/under tailgate loose or not attached to grommets and holder
17. Coolant lines rubbing Crank pulley (engine bay) picture on page 4
18. Small plastic caps found on steering rack (leftover from assembly?) pic on page 4
19. Fender flair attachment screws loose (rear) pic on page 5.
20. Uneven tailpipes, height difference. MULTIPLE REPORTS Pic on page 5,6 and 7
21. Drivers side door squeak/creek from plastic rivet sticking inside of door jam (from engine bay)
22. Uneven front bumper (measured under from headlights) Pictures on page 10
23. Trim/Carpet panel behind rear seat loose (fasteners) and causes vibration rattle from radio and driving. Pictures on page 10
24. Gap at top of rear fender flares (gap between body and actual flare) Picture Page 10.
25. 310 electrical connection under seat loose:will get a bunch of errors. Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power, Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Hill Start Assist Warning, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available, and Blind Spot Detection with Cross-Traffic. Check connection is tight. More info on page 11.

E0FB607D-4221-467E-9BF3-9919E73D4221.jpeg
70FC13F0-187C-4E8F-B708-DF358E46EDD0.jpeg
8CF32853-01F5-443A-A6D6-3A2C35A14B73.jpeg12A77E15-DD8A-4C7C-B130-6A6CB6AA0376.jpeg837DB2B2-808A-4BEE-AC02-24FDFF5BFF04.jpeg

Last edited:

JPeazy

Reaction score
Anyone know specifically where the cooler line is located where it has leaked for some? Want to keep an eye on it. TIA

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know one person reported rear tail lights where two different colors. It appeared to be two different bulbs.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is a ford senior master tech and told me that they don't check the fluids on new vehicles like they used to. get under your hood and check all your fluids, my engine was half a quart low from the factory. also, get under the truck with a flashlight and check anything that has the potential to leak. I had a front diff pinion seal leak from the factory, caught it while doing my own inspection.

Last edited:

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a good list. I’d add to just inspect paint carefully, I have a pretty big bubble on the roof near the windshield.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This is a good start. If you find anything suspicious, have the sales bot send it to service to check it out. If they want your money, they’ll be more than happy to cooperate, no matter how “busy” they say they are.

You’re likely not to find anything, because the ones willing to spend the time looking over the truck with a little scrutiny aren’t the ones who report in with spectacular failures, by and large.