Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
late '22 and still have bumpers not level, fuses not seated properly and suspension cables not mounted properly:

OGeeMru.jpg

Passenger side shock tower, driver side was broken off so I had to replace the zip tie, this passenger side seems to be installed in a knot configuration...

k8gy9Fo.jpg

maybe 3 fuses were fully seated...almost every fuse needed to be fully pushed down and seated...

Attachments

• OGeeMru.jpg
    OGeeMru.jpg
    860.1 KB · Views: 19

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing to check is your windshield sprayer heads! My left sprayer head clip was broken and was wobbling around.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
late '22 and still have bumpers not level, fuses not seated properly and suspension cables not mounted properly:

Passenger side shock tower, driver side was broken off so I had to replace the zip tie, this passenger side seems to be installed in a knot configuration...

View attachment 389844

maybe 3 fuses were fully seated...almost every fuse needed to be fully pushed down and seated...
My passenger side broke off at the same spot. Wire began to hang and axle damaged it. Being repaired right now. I don't believe it should be in a knot like that. And, if the cable goes bad, your shocks will go to full stiffness and you will lose your drive modes. With such a weak connection to the shock, I would check often.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger side broke off at the same spot. Wire began to hang and axle damaged it. Being repaired right now. I don't believe it should be in a knot like that. And, if the cable goes bad, your shocks will go to full stiffness and you will lose your drive modes. With such a weak connection to the shock, I would check often.
Yeah, thanks this is good, I think I need to get my dealer looking at that and the bumper for fixingg..

MORK

Reaction score
My delivery date is tomorrow - everything in here makes sense and is easy enough to check aside from the info on the tranny lines. Is there a visual inspection that can be done without removing the skid plate etc? I’ve seen the pictures through the passenger tire/frame etc. and I don’t see the problem connection.

Or, is there a known torque value that I can pull the skid plate and verify all the connections with?

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
long time peruser and reader, first time poster. took delivery yesterday of a 23 with a whopping 40 miles on it.

front drivers side shock had plastic - which i didnt notice, my 9yo did. There was a rubber band hanging from some cable on the passenger side shock. I've had it less than 24 hours and need to rummage through the rest of it, but it's 9 degrees and freezing outside.

I'm entertained to see how gas mileage goes - bought this as a daily and, hockey hauler for my son as we go up and down the east coast - not the brightest move, but i just didnt like the ranger spending so much time in a car.

average about 20k miles a year - hope it holds up!

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
long time peruser and reader, first time poster. took delivery yesterday of a 23 with a whopping 40 miles on it.

front drivers side shock had plastic - which i didnt notice, my 9yo did. There was a rubber band hanging from some cable on the passenger side shock. I've had it less than 24 hours and need to rummage through the rest of it, but it's 9 degrees and freezing outside.

I'm entertained to see how gas mileage goes - bought this as a daily and, hockey hauler for my son as we go up and down the east coast - not the brightest move, but i just didnt like the ranger spending so much time in a car.

average about 20k miles a year - hope it holds up!
Despite many concerns on here, you’ll be fine. Seems like most issues are electrical and usually once you start heavily modifying but you never know. Warranty is a beautiful thing.

Though at that mile/year rate, I’d get the extended warranty

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
Despite many concerns on here, you’ll be fine. Seems like most issues are electrical and usually once you start heavily modifying but you never know. Warranty is a beautiful thing.

Though at that mile/year rate, I’d get the extended warranty
because of how much we drive up and down the east coast, i was able to get 6/125 extended warranty and maintenance for an additional 5k with 5000 intervals.
I thought i was going to keep our danger ranger forever, but wife wanted a bigger truck and i obliged but said i pick which one :)

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
because of how much we drive up and down the east coast, i was able to get 6/125 extended warranty and maintenance for an additional 5k with 5000 intervals.
I thought i was going to keep our danger ranger forever, but wife wanted a bigger truck and i obliged but said i pick which one :)
Haha right on man then you should be set! Enjoy it and when/if anything ever breaks, let ol Ford deal with it

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You said you were a “long time peruser and reader” so how could you have missed the below thread. You could have gotten that package for nearly half the price. Get you’re money back and shop either Ziegler, Flood, or Granger for better pricing…way better pricing.