Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is all the yellow masking tape in the suspension area supposed to be removed by the dealer as part of the delivery inspection? I had a bunch of yellow and black masking tape hanging loose from various bits. There's also some white masking tape that seems to be doing nothing that I didn't pull off.

There was some loose plastic wrapped around the bottom spring perch also that I just removed.

Attachments

• PXL_20221106_161149257.jpg
    PXL_20221106_161149257.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 88
  • PXL_20221106_161440884.jpg
    PXL_20221106_161440884.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 88

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is all the yellow masking tape in the suspension area supposed to be removed by the dealer as part of the delivery inspection? I had a bunch of yellow and black masking tape hanging loose from various bits. There's also some white masking tape that seems to be doing nothing that I didn't pull off.

There was some loose plastic wrapped around the bottom spring perch also that I just removed.
This is normal for Ford.. check the engine compartment for rubber bands, should find at least one.
Owned 2 Gen 2's and one gen 3, all had random bits of tape here and there and lots of rubber bands.

Reaction score
Took delivery of my 2022 801A on Friday and put it up on the 4 post lift to do a full inspection today.
August 2022 build date.

Found:
clear tape on passenger front shock
misc yellow and black masking tape scattered about
vent hose not clipped at fuel fill neck

Everything else seemed ok but I did not know about this thread when I did my inspection. I'll check the fuses and hoses tomorrow.

Truck has the signature exhaust muffler rattle. I thought I had found the source being the exhaust actuators have metal mesh that is loosely attached to them but I fired the truck up and put my hand there and the noise didn't change. It's coming from the muffler somewhere but it's not the protective mesh on the actuators.

All in all, it's easily the best riding and most comfortable truck I've personally ever owned and it shows a lot of potential once tuning is released

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took delivery of my 2022 801A on Friday and put it up on the 4 post lift to do a full inspection today.
August 2022 build date.

Found:
clear tape on passenger front shock
misc yellow and black masking tape scattered about
vent hose not clipped at fuel fill neck

Everything else seemed ok but I did not know about this thread when I did my inspection. I'll check the fuses and hoses tomorrow.

Truck has the signature exhaust muffler rattle. I thought I had found the source being the exhaust actuators have metal mesh that is loosely attached to them but I fired the truck up and put my hand there and the noise didn't change. It's coming from the muffler somewhere but it's not the protective mesh on the actuators.

All in all, it's easily the best riding and most comfortable truck I've personally ever owned and it shows a lot of potential once tuning is released
Pics or it didn’t happen.