Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a new code orange 37 on Friday. The left front fender (not the fender flare) has about 1.5 inch oval diameter paint blemish. It looks like somebody touched it up and didn't level the clear coat. I'm leaving it.

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my Raptor on Saturday. Had pretty deep scratches on one of the fender flares. Dealer is supposed to order a new one. There was tape here and there with one long piece hanging under the truck almost touching the ground. Also had to seat all of the fuses.

One issue I currently have is the master climate control knob will not change the temperature. It will power it off and on. Also the dual climate control knob works. I can also voice command change the temperature. The dial on the knob just doesn't work.

lngebrown

Reaction score
Wow you guys are making me nervous. I'm on my 3rd Raptor waiting on my 4th and I have had some minor items that needed fixed/corrected, but nothing like what I'm reading. Should I not take delivery and buy a GM or a RAM?

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow you guys are making me nervous. I'm on my 3rd Raptor waiting on my 4th and I have had some minor items that needed fixed/corrected, but nothing like what I'm reading. Should I not take delivery and buy a GM or a RAM?
Refuse delivery and buy a cyber truck for baja.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you aren't really committed to owning a Raptor. I'm sure the GM/Ram will have 0 flaws...

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Do you think people are going to take the time to come on here and make a post saying their Raptor has had no flaws? I didn't. I imagine the number of trucks with little to no issues far outweighs what you are reading in this thread. But, as stated above, I am sure the GM or RAM you have your eyes on will have no flaws.

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my Raptor on Saturday. Had pretty deep scratches on one of the fender flares. Dealer is supposed to order a new one. There was tape here and there with one long piece hanging under the truck almost touching the ground. Also had to seat all of the fuses.

One issue I currently have is the master climate control knob will not change the temperature. It will power it off and on. Also the dual climate control knob works. I can also voice command change the temperature. The dial on the knob just doesn't work

One issue I currently have is the master climate control knob will not change the temperature. It will power it off and on. Also the dual climate control knob works. I can also voice command change the temperature. The dial on the knob just doesn't work.
Looks like the knob wasn't fully seated. Fix was to push it towards the console and it snapped into place.

lngebrown

Reaction score
Do you think people are going to take the time to come on here and make a post saying their Raptor has had no flaws? I didn't. I imagine the number of trucks with little to no issues far outweighs what you are reading in this thread. But, as stated above, I am sure the GM or RAM you have your eyes on will have no flaws.
I guess you didn't pick up on the fact I was being facetious. I have no intention of buying another brand. It does seem like some of these items are over-the-top picky but to each their own. Have at it. I'll add mine when it's delivered.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My left windshield washer spray is loose or has a broken bracket?? You can wiggle it with your had. Not sure if something holding it in is broken or lose.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed it today while in the drive through, if I shifted to neutral RPMs would bump up to 700 rpm and the idle would smooth out. Sitting in the drive through line while in drive with my foot on the break RPMs would fluctuate between 500 and 600 and I noticed a bit of shake. Not sure if the rpms are supposed to be that low in drive?
I’ve had a 2021 f150 4x4. Auto start stop removed, and 2022 f150 fx4 auto start stop removed, and now a 3rd gen raptor 802A auto start stop removed. All three of them have this mild “shutter” symptom. Never been able to get an answer but after a lot, ALOT of reading, I believe it has to do with the auto start stop removal, and adjusting for fuel consumption.

Anyone else get an answer?