Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this isn’t a relevant topic but does anybody know if the raptor with 37pkg still fit in a 2 car garage? What I mean is it to high for it to fit in a normal car garage ?

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the engine oil today. There’s a cold place in hell for the guy that thought it was a good idea to package the oil filter where it is.

Noticed a trans oil line bracket was hanging loose. Looks like it retains the rigid oil lines going to the transmission pan. Easy fix, it’s a plastic Christmas tree retainer that pushes into a hole on the bottom of the trans. Pretty sure this is a different issue from the loose lines that were causing leaks (although I’m sure over time the lines could leak by moving and stressing the connections).

Attachments

• C57EA794-8D0D-47D2-8EC3-3257D582F459.jpeg
    C57EA794-8D0D-47D2-8EC3-3257D582F459.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 98

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I know this isn’t a relevant topic but does anybody know if the raptor with 37pkg still fit in a 2 car garage? What I mean is it to high for it to fit in a normal car garage ?
You are right. It is not relevant to this thread. Tell me what a normal sized garage is and I'll tell you if it fits.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yellow card for an attempted thread-jack
200.gif

Everyone knows, in Austin, you buy the hail bubble.
Come on hail

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the list as it certainly hits a bunch of things that I probably wouldn’t have thought about checking. Went over mine and had the front shock plastic like everyone is finding but also found that the rear passenger glass is scratched on the outside (most likely from the dealer using a razor blade on it). So that sucks and will be interesting to see what the dealer does. Detailer has the vehicle now and is finding some finish issues that they think they can correct. Oh well, in the grand scheme of things, better than what some others are finding but disappointing.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where does the fuel vent clip to? mines loose.
Mine was loose too. I took this picture from slightly to the rear of the driver's side rear tire. It clamps onto a rod (or some type of line that I didn't take the time to trace...lol), and the top of the vent sticks up behind the wheel well.

Attachments

• 20220918_142459.jpg
    20220918_142459.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 126

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an exhaust leak at both connections leading into the trombone section. I would just tighten them myself, but it looks like at least one of the pipes entering the connection may actually have a flat spot. Going to make an appointment.