GEN 2 Thief trying to steal tonneau cover!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like somebody tried to get in there...I have a Bak Flip and it doesn't open on its own. They might have F'd it up by prying it too. Maybe your cousin can check it out and see. Semper Fi!

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in El Toro 78-79. Nothing around us but orange groves.
My cousin was with a helicopter unit across the highway.
It was fun...

We used to go out there at night and back a truck way down between the tree rows and drink beer back there...shoot guns too sometimes lol. They never figured out where we were back there. Dont think I'd try that these days!

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like somebody tried to get in there...I have a Bak Flip and it doesn't open on its own. They might have F'd it up by prying it too. Maybe your cousin can check it out and see. Semper Fi!

I also have a Bak Flip and it never opens on it's own either...

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DITTO...mine has been on for 10 months and as solid and tight as day I installed.....

Same here: Its never opened on its own.

Thanks for your service brother;

Do you know anybody near your place that catches rattlers? One or two in the back would stop most thieves. Just a thought. Or it you do know somebody into snakes maybe they could sell you a few rattles to hang off the inside lid.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DITTO...mine has been on for 10 months and as solid and tight as day I installed.....

I have had my Bakflip for 18 months and I have never had an issue with it opening on its own. I seldom open it as I can easily use the tailgate while leaving the lid closed.

bren5279

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of lining up a couple spent shotgun shells where the damage is, but I guess you already moved it so might not matter now.

Maybe have the GF pick up one of those 'area under surveillance' sign. Might even be a good idea to have her get a simple cheap motion alarm and put it inside the bed of the truck.

They also sell super cheap dummy security cameras that have solar powered led lights and a fake antenna.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NightWolf928

NightWolf928

Reaction score
I appreciate it guys. It’s in a safe place now but I was hoping Get some type of locking mechanism to where you can only open it when you open the tailgate to make it harder to open from the outside. I’ll have to look further into it later.