TheStraightPipes review released today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
og that

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
The problem IMO is that to get the power levels most of the blown v8/raptor r/trx crowd want, you would need to run so much boost on the 3.5 that it wouldn’t last.

Yeah if I could get superior performance out of 6 cylinders, I’d buy that. The noise of a v8 is great and would be a sacrifice to lose it for me but I would give it up for a more exciting motor

ScrumHooker

Reaction score
Maybe I'm ******* crazy here, but I don't need more noise than the 3.5TTV6 in baja mode. Even then that **** gets obnoxious after about 10 minutes. I'm 33, not a boomer. I've owned a supercharged V8 (jag xfr), and an '89 supra. You know which sounded better? ******* neither. They both sounded awesome in their own fashion. If you prefer a blown v8, then good on ya. Some people like spooled turbos and blow-off valves. Maybe take a second to stop racing to be the first one to win at your game of soggy-biscuit circle jerk and realize that engine choice is completely subjective based on your needs/wants.

This post reads like a bunch of grown men unironically mimicking teenagers on facebook whining about how their fashion is the best fashion.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure a lot of Gen 3 owners came from the past 2 Gens, this is not for you, however to you fresh to the raptor scene Gen 3 owners, your like the teen that thinks grandpa(Gen 1) is some old timer that just sits around with the tv way to loud. Little do you know he was and is a badass, but you wouldn’t know that because your too busy drooling over your technology like a typical teen(Sync 4, digital displays, auto tail gate, multi camera).
As someone who would take all 3 Gens but am biased toward my Gen 1, I’m admittedly just here to stir the pot. I will be turning my tv up loud again soon and returning to my rocking chair(Gen 1 forums), until then……..

1A263972-F671-4B79-B33A-A1C68EF1EBCC.png

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool meme. Too bad for you it means nothing. Some of you Gen 1 guys really grasp at straws.

Here’s a fun fact that’s actually factual. The Gen 2 mops the floor with your old 6.2 fleet engine even with a Roush supercharger. Video includes both tuned and stock Gen 2.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool meme. Too bad for you it means nothing. Some of you Gen 1 guys really grasp at straws.

Here’s a fun fact that’s actually factual. The Gen 2 mops the floor with your old 6.2 fleet engine even with a Roush supercharger. Video includes both tuned and stock Gen 2.

I always forget that a sense of humor doesn't exist for some of us. I don't need to watch a video to know that the Gen 1 is out performed by the newer Gen's, they should be expected to do so.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That Gen 1 was sad to see. No way was that 700 hp, don't know what it had, lol. Saying that though the tuned gen 2 sounded nice.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always forget that a sense of humor doesn't exist for some of us. I don't need to watch a video to know that the Gen 1 is out performed by the newer Gen's, they should be expected to do so.

Not seeing how your meme was an attempt at humor. Came across to me as a bitter gen 1 owner. Just like the sh*t show that started when OP posted the review in the Gen 1 forum.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not seeing how your meme was an attempt at humor. Came across to me as a bitter gen 1 owner. Just like the sh*t show that started when OP posted the review in the Gen 1 forum.
Probably didn't read the part where I said I would take all 3 Gen's. The fact is I considered trading my Gen 1 for a Gen 3 but admittedly didn't want to have to cough up another $50k after trading in what is still to me an awesome truck in the Gen 1. Bitter is something reserved for those who want something they can't have, I can but choose not to. At the end of the day we aren't comparing each others mom's or wive's, its just a truck. We have and always will all take digs at each other and make the claim that our Gen(no matter which one you own) is the best. Relax and enjoy your truck, even if it sounds like a pigeon(a fast one though......insert humor)

Last edited: