Thermostat thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What should the temp be under normal driving? With my Nguage I'm seeing pretty much 208-210 but it goes to 223-226 under heavy acceleration and that seems a bit high to me. Is the Nguage reading the temps accurately?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes

Get some water wetter. Really stabilizes it!

What should the temp be under normal driving? With my Nguage I'm seeing pretty much 208-210 but it goes to 223-226 under heavy acceleration and that seems a bit high to me. Is the Nguage reading the temps accurately?

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bit the bullet and put in some water wetter

My truck literally shoots ice cubes out the tail pipes now!

Thanks for the heads up on that man... There's literally frost on my exhaust tips now. Opening the hood is like opening the the door of the freezer in the ice cream section of a supermarket.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the love of God man.

See what I’m talking about? You used to drive an overheated old piece of junk.

Now you drive a smooth, cool running beast.

You finally came to your senses.

Just bit the bullet and put in some water wetter

My truck literally shoots ice cubes out the tail pipes now!

Thanks for the heads up on that man... There's literally frost on my exhaust tips now. Opening the hood is like opening the the door of the freezer in the ice cream section of a supermarket.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must say you were right ! My temp gauge literally shows negative numbers now. It's insane. Lol

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Admins need to ban this clown and his IP Address.

Come on he's not that bad really ! I love your guys beef. It's pretty entertaining so let's just keep this place the way it is haha

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
(This is a repost I made from another tread but hopefully someone with the same issues I had will discover it).
I discovered my coolant temperature issue. It turned out to be the stock thermostat. When I removed it, I noticed a little sand like material on it. Where did it come from? I have no clue because the coolant was factory. Anyway, I replaced the stock thermostat which was running 210 on idle, 222 on interstate, and up to 240 on very hard acceleration with a thermostat for the 2.7 Ecoboost. The 2.7 thermostat is rated at 188F and the Raptor stock thermostat is rated at 190F. Now my temperatures range from 190ishF on idle, high 190’s on cruise, and below 210 on full out throttle.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally threw in a SPD 170 degree thermostat. Pretty easy installation. Just make sure you have a drain pain of a bunch of towels under the truck for the coolant that spills out.

The stock thermostat said 195 degrees on it. I would regularly run 215 or higher for normal driving and almost up to 230 on hard acceleration.

With the new thermostat I'm running right about 180 and not even over 190 on hard acceleration.

For $55 it's a good buy.