TheOnePercent Checking In From HTX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
theonepercent

theonepercent

Reaction score
Cosmetic mods are always going to something some like and some hate. There even seem to be the crowd that thinks any mod that doesn't have a utility/purpose is wrong. I just think yours doesn't stand out too much, based on the pic. I've seen others where they it's a light up 'F150' or something it just looks too much.

I probably would have liked red lights on a black truck, as I also have black truck with red accents. Don't think I would do that on the vents though, as red lights near the front of the vehicle would probably earn me a ticket.

For sure, cosmetic mods are 100% personal preference. I see some trucks where I'm like that looks pretty cool, but not something I would do with mine.

Here are pics from that video of the black with red vents and LED's
Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.45.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.46.43 AM.png

OP
OP
theonepercent

theonepercent

Reaction score
I really dig the vent light mod you did. Where did you get it, or could you post a link?

I got them installed at TAG off road (aftermarket department at Tomball Ford). Just told them to go ahead and get it done when they installed my leveling kit and did some paint work.

I don't want to say I "over paid," cause it wasn't that much being about as small of a mod job there is. But in reality if you're handy and have a couple hours it's just two sets of LED's and all about the placement. All the materials involved would probably run $100 tops.

Just a little more input about the vent lights. Looking head on you don't see them at all. You really get the effect when driving by someone and as you drive by there's just that subtle LED coming from your vents or to just have that little something something extra when people pull up next to you at lights, cause you know they're checking out your Raptor :cool:

EccentricRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! :D Sharp looking Raptor - congrats!

It is true - cosmetic mods are truly personal preference. I have a tendency to be drawn towards flashier stuff whereas I have a friend that hates a flashy pickup.

At the end of the day with most things, as long as it ain't hurting anyone, enjoy the things that make you happier. And if making the pickup you're paying a lot of money for more flashy/fun makes you happy, then go for it :)

OP
OP
theonepercent

theonepercent

Reaction score
Welcome! :D Sharp looking Raptor - congrats!

It is true - cosmetic mods are truly personal preference. I have a tendency to be drawn towards flashier stuff whereas I have a friend that hates a flashy pickup.

At the end of the day with most things, as long as it ain't hurting anyone, enjoy the things that make you happier. And if making the pickup you're paying a lot of money for more flashy/fun makes you happy, then go for it :)

We all have different eyes and what looks good to mine might not look good to others and vice versa. As you can kind of tell with my LED vent pic, if you look hard enough I'm a color match guy (will drop some more pics later) but I know there's a lot of folks that are adamant on leaving the fenders and trim pieces the way they came. I personally like the look of color matched trim pieces, so you know what I did? Color matched the damn trim pieces haha. Plus, without divulging too much personal info my last name is White so my vehicles are always white with minimal contrast trim pieces.

P.S. By your signature I would never guess that you would go for the "flashier" stuff hahaha