Their deleting certain options now for faster delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how this works if my order gets converted to a 2023? I ordered Feb 1, 2022 -- price protected order. If it gets rolled over to a '23, what happens?
You start the process over, see if your dealer will place your order before others, configure with new '23 options...and of course you will pay the new pricing (my guess $4-6k more--base will go up and so will all options most likely). There are no price holds. AKA grab your ankles.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You start the process over, see if your dealer will place your order before others
Not at my dealer. If you roll to a 23 model, you keep your place in line. If not, his salesman would lose his sale to other Raptor orders placed in front of him. Call your dealer.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how this works if my order gets converted to a 2023? I ordered Feb 1, 2022 -- price protected order. If it gets rolled over to a '23, what happens?
See, you’re getting conflicting junk already. All of this is one’s best guess. Hence, why I said contact your dealer for the best info regarding rollover/price protection for ‘23.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting to see tape around a few outlying gas stations here since they have no gas to sell. It’s rare but increasing.

I’m still thinking patience is the order of the day. Hopefully.

It’s complicated since you can’t just open one up when the Guvmint refuses to allow you the required permits. Presuming you wanted to open one anyway. Anyone remember gas lines? Jimmy Carter? Is it a possibility you show up to a gas line in your fabulous Raptor to buy 5 gallons of gas? Your allotment. Idk either but I’m damn sure reaching out to my degenerate local and national political entities and letting them know this is no bueno.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See, you’re getting conflicting junk already. All of this is one’s best guess. Hence, why I said contact your dealer for the best info regarding rollover/price protection for ‘23.
At least from 2021 to 2022, most orders had to be canceled and reordered for 2022 manually (given different options, pricing, and colors). As with the dealer model, every dealer did it differently but it seemed like most people had to pester the dealer to reorder. Wasn’t like they were obligated to hold a place in line either.

Broncos have a reservation ordering model that seems to be more fair and transparent with your name connected to a reservation number at corporate level (like a place in line, but really depends on dealer for timing) and can be transferred to different dealerships to convert to orders.

Too bad Ford can’t figure out a system that can keep dealers and customers happy. Wouldn’t even care if it was a randomized lottery, at least that’s transparent.

RippRaptor

Reaction score
At least the heated tailgate is still included in the package.
Late post but I had to ask, I looked everywhere when building my 22my and couldn’t find the heated tailgate option. I really need this for cold nights sitting by the campfire sipping on a dickenscider!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Starting to see tape around a few outlying gas stations here since they have no gas to sell. It’s rare but increasing.

Psst. It’s happening in Texas too and it’s not localized. Hang on tight, and don’t be surprised if rationing is instituted in some lesser served areas at first.

In the last month, at varying south Texas stations I’ve seen multiple pumps roped off, one with all pumps blocked off for no fuel. Coming soon to a less oil rich state soon.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Psst. It’s happening in Texas too and it’s not localized. Hang on tight, and don’t be surprised if rationing is instituted in some lesser served areas at first.

In the last month, at varying south Texas stations I’ve seen multiple pumps roped off, one with all pumps blocked off for no fuel. Coming soon to a less oil rich state soon.
Exactly the concern. All of it unnecessary.

98Craig

Reaction score
Mine rolled from a 21 to a 22 and was price protected. It was in a letter from ford (it's posted here somewhere) but dealer honored the price and it saved me over 3k. Probably same for 22 to 23.