The waiting...is the hardest part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a crazy year...had a 2019 Gen 2 i loved but after getting a 2nd UTV and longer trailer the Raptor was just too overloaded. I traded it on an AEV Prospector XL...not a well known truck but it's on 40's and like all new Rams is pretty nice inside...for a Ram. Well the wife, whose 5'1", and my tiny kids can't really get in and out of the the thing plus the back seat is smaller than the Raptor, not a happy wife.
So the AEV is gone, for a tiny profit after 5k miles, and now listed for $10k more than i was paid for it, crazy dealer and even crazier used market, as we all know. So now i'm 3 weeks into my Gen 3 wait and driving my 95 Bronco as a daily, which isn't so bad frankly but i'm looking all around for someone with an allocation coming before mine. Anyway, i'm excited for the Gen 3 and it can't get here early enough.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of waiting after trading in my 2021 Power Wagon and was looking for XLs in stock... AEV forums are pretty dead

OP
OP
xlr8

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's a tough vehicle to find, especially used. Was awesome for the highway towing but around Dallas it sucked pretty hard. There is an AEV facebook group that's ok. My foray into Ram country is over though.

OP
OP
xlr8

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 87, 351 last of the carburetors, miss mine, my kids loved it with the top off.
Nice! i'm helping a friend build his 85 up now. Mine has a Desolate King setup with Deavers, their cage and some odds/ends. I'm going to motor swap it at some point.
I bought it as a Xmas gift for my wife in 2018 because she always wanted one but she prefers her FJ so it's mine now.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! i'm helping a friend build his 85 up now. Mine has a Desolate King setup with Deavers, their cage and some odds/ends. I'm going to motor swap it at some point.
I bought it as a Xmas gift for my wife in 2018 because she always wanted one but she prefers her FJ so it's mine now.
Awesome!!