The V6 Ford Raptor Outsold The Original V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With firearms it has a different "specification" if you will from my rudimentary understanding (no class 3 license for me). I'm referring to manufacturing MILSPEC as in components for things outside of ballistics, I should have been more specific. I can't elaborate on the fire arm milspec as I'd be talking out of my ass lol
i was just talking out my ass....... i didnt listen to it. it was spewing shit and had bad breath....

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also for anyone who's curious, "military grade" is typically not a good thing, MILSPEC is what you desire. Irrelevant in this discussion, but MILSPEC has a whole series of QC and manufacturing tolerances, traceability reports, and generally is just better stuff than you find on the open market.

My understanding is that "military grade" is a marketing term. I have seen "military grade" flashlights, sunglasses, etc. marketed on TV thousands of times, and after 36 years of working as a career civilian employee of the Department of the Army, I have never seen or known a soldier to own or use products so marketed.

I think that the Federal Trade Commission should ban the use of "military grade," as it is used to intentionally deceive the consumer.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My understanding is that "military grade" is a marketing term. I have seen "military grade" flashlights, sunglasses, etc. marketed on TV thousands of times, and after 36 years of working as a career civilian employee of the Department of the Army, I have never seen or known a soldier to own or use products so marketed.

I think that the Federal Trade Commission should ban the use of "military grade," as it is used to intentionally deceive the consumer.

What about the term Pro grade? Anyone who uses there still to make money or uses a technique or material item can be labeled a “Pro”. But it’s kind of over used and many times in the wrong sense.