The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither at the moment. just a stock replacement. We were playing with the tune and didn't want to wait to order a new filter.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

yeah, my F-250 was pretty damn quick, but we did a bunch of stuff. not the most powerful or fasted, but quick for a big girl. last dyno was right at 600 hp and over 1100 ft/lbs at the wheels. It would roll the 37's pretty easily. It would probably pull away from the Raptor from the start just cause the torque, but think in the end the Raptor would out run it overall. Tuners on diesel is a whole different animal.

I have pretty similar numbers but from a stop, I get tons of turbo lag. I suppose I could adjust some low boost fueling but I still think the raptor would have me from a dig, I would catch it and stay in front until about 110mph, she climbs quick. After that, I have no idea, I haven't had either truck past that point.

What motor did you have? 6.0, 6.4, 6.7?

Sprman

Reaction score
I have pretty similar numbers but from a stop, I get tons of turbo lag. I suppose I could adjust some low boost fueling but I still think the raptor would have me from a dig, I would catch it and stay in front until about 110mph, she climbs quick. After that, I have no idea, I haven't had either truck past that point.

What motor did you have? 6.0, 6.4, 6.7?

Had the 6.0 in mine. I had a little turbo lag, but was also running a 66mm turbo as well.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's changed between V2 and V4?

It's my understanding that there is a $100 upgrade charge to go from V2 to V4. Assuming this is correct, has anyone paid for the upgrade, and if so, did you notice a significant improvement? TIA

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you guys can help here. I've got a sct x4 programmer with the tune for a stock 2014 loaded on it. My question is can that tune be used on a stock 2012 ? Does year model affect anything? Well never mind got my answer.

Last edited:

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you guys can help here. I've got a sct x4 programmer with the tune for a stock 2014 loaded on it. My question is can that tune be used on a stock 2012 ? Does year model affect anything? Well never mind got my answer.

So whats the answer?

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe is its the stock "canned" tune that SCT puts on there it'll work. But if it's "the tune" by svc it's calibrated to the ecu numbers of the 14. Thus it will not work on your 12.