The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sy0296

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're pretty much local to me. I've got a 6.2 with SW true dual headers/exhaust and an uninstalled AFE stage2 intake sitting in the garage (just never got around to installing the intake).

Couple Q's:
If you still need an AFE intake I can send it over to you to benchmark
Do you have a file for my set up (SW headers/exhaust + AFE stage2 intake) or can you do a custom tune?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Now would the AFE "cover" change things?
I have the AFE stage II CAI and I added the cover.

This is it right here.

M91249077.jpg

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well bummer I have the AFE stage 2. Sounds like you won't have a tune for me for a while yet.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now would the AFE "cover" change things?
I have the AFE stage II CAI and I added the cover.

This is it right here.

M91249077.jpg

Roger,

the reason we need to get a hold of the AFE is so we can get it on the flow bench. Below is the graph of an AFE vs the factory airbox MAF and Air/Fuel curves. The red line is the AFE, the blue line is factory. You can see how inconsistent and all over the place the red line is. The reason for this is because the AFE runs an 86mm MAF housing vs the Stock 81mm.

Since we launched this afternoon we have already had someone volunteer to lend us their AFE setup so by this time next week we should be all ready to go with a file for the AFE.

Thanks again guys for all the interest.

maf_zps73e6b318.jpg

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Roger,

the reason we need to get a hold of the AFE is so we can get it on the flow bench. Below is the graph of an AFE vs the factory airbox MAF and Air/Fuel curves. The red line is the AFE, the blue line is factory. You can see how inconsistent and all over the place the red line is. The reason for this is because the AFE runs an 86mm MAF housing vs the Stock 81mm.

Since we launched this afternoon we have already had someone volunteer to lend us their AFE setup so by this time next week we should be all ready to go with a file for the AFE.

Thanks again guys for all the interest.

maf_zps73e6b318.jpg

ok I understand, but I'm still curious as to whether the cover will restrict the air flow some and change things.
Instead of it pulling air from the top and side it now only pulls it from the side through a much smaller hole....NO?
I'm just wondering if your tests should include the cover to see what it does or is it just a waste of time and won't change a thing.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the function of the MAF sensor it should make no difference as to what ever happens upstream or downstream, it should just measure the amount of air passing; but the OEM MAF is calibrated for the OEM tube.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes sir,

We just need to know what mods you have, specifically the CAI if you have one.

Also, if anyone is willing to lend us their Volant or AFE intake, we will write you the custom tune for free. You would only need to purchase the hand held unless you already have one. Basically we need to put those two intakes on the flow-bench to create a proper tune based off of the MAF housing size.

Thanks

Jarrett

I have a Volant