The Towing Thread (Unofficially)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18ft plus 5 foot v nose. I'm wanting to upgrade to an ATC unit with similar configuration maybe about 2 foot longer. Curt WDH and trailer is 4300 unloaded.

With Trailer.jpg

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the wheels are inboard like that does it make the usable space larger?
Yes it’s a deck over so other than the dovetail at the rear it’s flat inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So anyone have experience with the Geny hitches? Definitely overkill for my purposes, also pricey, but the ones with the rubber bushings that somewhat absorb shock transmitted through a solid hitch look very interesting.

Also, we all know, or most know, that lower tire pressure results in a more comfy ride. I usually keep mine at around 36 front, 34 rear.

When towing is it necessary to have higher pressures, like 38 or 40?

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that fully stock suspension?

I towed the trailer once or twice with stock suspension, rear springs were toast after that. In that photo it is Geiser upfront and Icon rear in the #2 setting, SVC rear bump kit with Fox 2.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokieRiver

Reaction score
Curious on what everyone is seeing for oil temps towing. With my Malibu WakeSetter 23LSV (est weight of ~6,500 lbs), I'm seeing temps as high as 225 in the summer now.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious on what everyone is seeing for oil temps towing. With my Malibu WakeSetter 23LSV (est weight of ~6,500 lbs), I'm seeing temps as high as 225 in the summer now.

Sounds normal. Note that there is no actual Oil Temperature Sensor on these engines; the oil temp value is inferred using an algorithm based on the Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) sensor.

If the engine oil is determined to be over temperature by the algorithm, the PCM will activate a protection strategy and set DTC P0298.