The stigma of owning a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck has great resale value
truck will get you to work in the worst weather, snow, rain, mud and do so comfortably.
and its just insane fun life is too short to not enjoy what you want to enjoy. if you have the funds, really want it and pass because of what others think, that will long term chew u up and over over.

GaRaptor

Reaction score
I traded in my loaded 2015 KR for my new raptor and the only concession I made were the absence of massaging front seats lol . Other than that the Rap is just as nice !

The attitude the OP mentions I am completely aware of ... I have the same stigma with mine from people . However I've found that either a handful of people I see weekly know what it is and the vast majority have no clue . I bought the truck for ME . That's the bottom line and I don't give a wet S , what anyone thinks about it .

Peace

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

ASR

Reaction score
Wow. I have had nothing but compliments from people that see the truck

kyson

Reaction score
I've only had positive discussions about mine. The only off look I occasionally get is from someone in a jacked up other brand, which really doesn't matter. Personally, I think the Raptor is the best, most well rounded truck available on the market. It does everything I need to to, and does it with the interior space, capability, luxury and all an around aesthetic nothing else has. Their resale value doesn't stay high by chance - it's the market's way of confirming the same.

As an aside, they are also popular amongst many I know that have exotics and premium luxury cars. Nothing made by premium manufacturers even comes close in terms of capability and well roundedness, and they are unique in that regard. There are multiple articles written in the last year citing the research firm MaritzCX's finding that the F-150 (Raptor inclusive) was the number one vehicle purchased by individuals making between 200k and 500k a year. I'd say there are many worse stigma vehicles to own than a Raptor.

As stated by many others - none of these things matter at all. Mine's a daily driver amongst a number of interesting special interest cars because it does exactly what I want and need it to do. Those that know love it. Those that don't still appreciate its style. Those that don't like trucks or SUVs won't like it, or any other truck regardless of trim.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only buy used cars under 10k. The rest is a waste"

Financial advisors will often say things along the same line, and if your financial position is unsettled there's a certain wisdom to it. However, I'll assume that most of us have our finances in order, and we're not forced to eat Little Friskies for dinner in order to make our payments, or paid cash for the truck and have no payments. I'm in the former category (making payments), but with my house now paid off and retirement fully funded (though I'm 'only' 55, and still plan on working 4 days/week for another 5-7 years), the payments are still . For the OP I'd say as long as the other necessities are taken care of (including fully contributing to any retirement accounts available to you, building (or already have built) up your 3-6 month emergency cash fund, saving for your down payment if a self-owned home is in your future, etc), then it's completely up to you what to do with the discretionary portion of your income.

I live in a pretty liberal part of the country myself (Seattle/King County), and don't get too many dirty looks from the Prius/Outback/Tesla crowd, but even if I did I'd consider it a compliment. I take the bus/bike to work so my driving tends only to be recreational, so I don't feel guilty about the Raptor at all.