The stigma of owning a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remix5x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude screw you and your fancy truck!

I'm just salty because I'm still waiting for mine haha. I get the same hate coming my way when I tell people I put the deposit down on how much of a waste this move is.

I got my finances and they got theirs. They can go shove their opinions up their asses for all I'm concerned.

Don't worry brother soon we will both reach Raptor heaven to the admiration and disgust of the plebian class.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's nothing I can't handle. It just makes me scratch my head why people want to throw their two cents into my purchase.
It's because people only approve of the lowest end of mediocrity. This way they don't have to feel guilty for being lazy arses and make others feel bad for working hard.

Wear their comments as a badge of honor!

PB65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hence why you can now pretty easily get a $70k truck...manufacturers are going after an entirely different demographic than they used to. Most buyers in that price range aren't even going for Raptors...they're going for KR/Plat/Limited models, since they want true luxury.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't say I've run into any of that in my neck of the woods. No one here cares what I'm driving. To most people it's just another truck on the road. From truck guys and general auto enthusiasts, I've only received complements and questions like "how do you like it?" Heck, 95% of the time I'm on the road, public reaction is indistinguishable from when I'm driving my Raptor or my arguably feminine, Ford Escape. The other 5% is from the occasional compliment and question I mentioned previously.

The question I have is, are you really getting the negativity you think you're getting or is it largely playing out in your imagination? I'm not saying it is one way or the other, but I do think it's a question worth asking.

I'm quoting myself because I did just think of one person that tries to give me a hard time for owning a Raptor. It's my cousin and he often criticizes me for spending 70 grand on a "silly truck" or a "hillbilly truck" as he puts it. I don't think it's a money thing with him, he makes quite a bit more than I do. He is however, a big ***** and isn't allowed to buy the vehicles he really wants because his wife has to approve, which she often doesn't.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well optioned trucks are the new luxury sedans.

The rest of the population simply hasn't wrapped their mind around that yet.
Exactly.
Platinums can cost more than a Raptor.
Yukons,Tahoe, Navigators, Expeditions, etc...... all cost as much or more.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm quoting myself because I did just think of one person that tries to give me a hard time for owning a Raptor. It's my cousin and he often criticizes me for spending 70 grand on a "silly truck" or a "hillbilly truck" as he puts it. I don't think it's a money thing with him, he makes quite a bit more than I do. He is however, a big ***** and isn't allowed to buy the vehicles he really wants because his wife has to approve, which she often doesn't.
Remind him that his wife has his balls in her purse the next time he makes a wise crack. Or, at least that you still retain ownership of yours.

sean1968

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been getting a little of this from my circle of family and friends also. I’ve always had European cars. Porsche Turbo, BMW M, Mercedes AMG, Maserati etc and I’ve never owned a truck. Originally wanted a super duty F250 diesel but decided its way more truck than I need. Now that I’ve ordered a Raptor everybody is joking about me becoming a redneck, shit kicker, where’s my trucker hat and on and on.

Couldn’t care less because I legit want a truck to haul crap and drive around without having to worry about scraping front lips. Plan to daily drive the thing and enjoy it but yes it’s odd how I’m getting negative comments about the raptor. I guess it’s one of those cars where people either love it or hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your family and friends sound like elitist, pompous snobs with the keep up with the Jones' mentality.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I note that a Toyota Prius Touring model will set you back over $31K.
I only paid $10K for my 2011 SCAB.