The stigma of owning a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have more heard comments at the gas station from tree huggers. I suggest you remember a great line from a great movie- Do the letters F.O. mean anything to you!!?? That usually puts them over the top nicely for me

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s almost all jealousy, sorry to say, but people really are that jealous. As I say all the time, I buy what I like because it makes me happy not to show off or impress other people. This truck gets better mileage, rides as good or better, has more power, looks awesome, is truly backwoods off road capable, has better features, comfort and as good or better resale then any other truck out there. Your a successful hard working younger guy getting your toys when you want them, that will always envoke jelousy. I’m 45, sold all my toys to get a house and take care of my 4 kids when that’s what I needed to do, now I have worked my way up to a much better income through hard work and dedication and have all the toys I had and new ones:) buy it, enjoy it and let everyone know how much you love it!

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, I live in one of the most lib-**** states in the country and just a stones throw from even more lib-**** Chicago but have never had anyone say anything negative about my Raptor. I’ve owned it since 2012 have only gotten compliments and awe stares from others sitting at stop lights. Maybe the negative people don’t dare speak up as they surmise...pickup truck, conservative, gun toting citizen.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
gay f'n thread of the week :winner_first_h4h:
:3639243774_5f528137:biggun:

Last edited:

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
eh, its just a horrible demographic

you just have to avoid all other raptor owners at all costs

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Honestly I just tell people I have a silver f-150 if they ask so I don’t have to deal with there opinions. If they see it it usually goes “l don’t like Fords but I would drive that one “.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've owned my Raptor for nearly eight years. The only comments I've gotten are ones of admiration. I can't tell you how many times I've raised the hood and delivered my "Ford Raptor Briefing" to an enthusiastic audience, and I've laughingly contemplated billing Ford for promoting its product.

What stigma?

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a stigma about all 4WD pickup trucks if we're being honest. I live in one of the highest concentrations of pick-em-up trucks in the country but I am constantly hearing the "that guy must be compensating for something" even directed at Taco drivers if they have AT tires.

Now I also happen to live in one of the highest concentrations of liberal bed wetters outside of the Bay Area, maybe that is part of "the stigma"?

When I asked about the mileage I say I can get 20mpg on a tank full of baby seal tears.

I agree with everyone who said to ignore them, they do not rob any of my joy, in fact I get joy out of knowing that they get so wound up about what I drive. But , there is a stigma.

OP
OP
MidnightSpecial

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a stigma about all 4WD pickup trucks if we're being honest. I live in one of the highest concentrations of pick-em-up trucks in the country but I am constantly hearing the "that guy must be compensating for something" even directed at Taco drivers if they have AT tires.

Now I also happen to live in one of the highest concentrations of liberal bed wetters outside of the Bay Area, maybe that is part of "the stigma"?

When I asked about the mileage I say I can get 20mpg on a tank full of baby seal tears.

I agree with everyone who said to ignore them, they do not rob any of my joy, in fact I get joy out of knowing that they get so wound up about what I drive. But , there is a stigma.

Maybe the demographic in my area is a part of it as well. I live in the St. Pete/Tampa/Clearwater area which is largely left leaning especially in the area I live in which is considered the arts district. So it's possibly just a bunch of virtue signalling wet blankets around me.