The Smallest Irritants, The Biggest Headaches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just had to clear the air and finally bitch out a couple of shortcomings I've had about my truck that have gotten me red in the face far too often than naught.

1. NAV-TV Issues
    • Bluetooth Non-Responsiveness
      [*]Ever since NAVTV got installed my truck no longer automatically tries to connect w/ my phone. Never a problem before, now I have to manually reprofile my phone each time I want to use handsfree. ********.​
    • GPS Freezing
      [*]First time this happened, I freaked out but said new install bugs. Prolly not a problem after a few days. Happens very Rarely now but still happens.​
    • Front Camera Button Sequence
      [*]Why? Just why not have some intuitive single button press. Partially FORD's problem to be fair.​
  2. Jimmi Jammers
    • Lack of a Rattle Disclaimer
      [*]Your windows/doors will produce an annoying rattle/vibration whenever windows are down and you drive your Truck like a Truck.​
    • Lack of Updated Instructions
      [*]Seriously, I had to redo the entire installation and reline my window-plate contact area w/ felt so that the rattle doesn't drive me insane.​
  3. Ignition Procedure
    • No Push Button Start
      [*]^Speaks for itself. I don't need to pay $900+ for the EasyGO system for a button that should have been included from the start​
  4. Other-stuff-I-can't-remember-right-now

Yeah those are my grievances right now. For you 2013 & 2014 Owners for NAV-TV :flipthebird:

The struggle is real for us 2012- Owners cause we don't get nice plug-in harnesses and stuff. Also, MFT regardless of what you say is a decent interface, I've seen/played with so much more frustrating OS's.

Fuming right now,

FNG

OP
OP
New Guy

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added padding to the contact area where the plates sit w/ the windows. Big tip, a senior Ford tech at the dealer's back home told me if I ever jumped this hard w/ the windows down with or without padding the windows will shatter.

Thanks for caring to update this.
---

Seems like other people's installs etc. were just fine and dandy and people care more about shit like seeing a random Vanilla Raptor on the road. I only give two ***** if the person's modded.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I added padding to the contact area where the plates sit w/ the windows. Big tip, a senior Ford tech at the dealer's back home told me if I ever jumped this hard w/ the windows down with or without padding the windows will shatter.

Thanks for caring to update this.
---

Seems like other people's installs etc. were just fine and dandy and people care more about shit like seeing a random Vanilla Raptor on the road. I only give two ***** if the person's modded.

So Jimmi Jammers could bust the window? Hmm...makes me think twice about installing them.

roasted7

Reaction score
I am very disappointed in the weakness of the bed and tailgate.

I hauled a motorcycle on a 1000 mile trip and it left dents where the tires were riding.

I used a ramp to load an ATV a couple times this summer and it bent the tail gate out of shape.

This is the kind of crap I'd expect to see on a Dodge.