the roll x and rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talontsi

Reaction score
I have the hard flip cover from the factory and when it rains there is a pool in my bed, I can't stand it anymore and I was looking at the roll x, so my question is how well does it keep water out of the bed when it's raining? I also have the factory drop in liner will that make a difference when installing?

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would talk to the dealer who you purchased the cover from about getting the BakFlip to stop leaking before buying a whole new cover. I love my Roll-X which is on a Titan. I get no water at all with a hard rain which I have had several of over the last few months. I have not had any of my FRF customers report any issues either.

OP
OP
T

talontsi

Reaction score
I would talk to the dealer who you purchased the cover from about getting the BakFlip to stop leaking before buying a whole new cover. I love my Roll-X which is on a Titan. I get no water at all with a hard rain which I have had several of over the last few months. I have not had any of my FRF customers report any issues either.

I am talking about the OEM Ford F-Series REV Hard Folding Tonneau Cover by REV. Idk if its a BakFlip with a Ford badge, but I did take it back to them to stop it from leaking and it still leaks. I took it upon myself after they adjusted it and it still leaked to completely remove and reinstall and adjust it in every way possible to stop it from leaking and IT STILL LEAKS. I even got some door weather stripping and put it on every which way I could to stop the water and it STILL LEAKS. lol

So I think its time to take it off and light it on fire. I would like to get a soild Tonneau because it covers the sides of the bed and No water deff can get in but I know as soon as I get that I will need to pick up something big and it wont fit with that cover on. So I am at a loss here and dont know what to do. I just want a cover that I can access the whole be with and NOT LEAK!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? (no sarcasm dead serious)

Peter

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am talking about the OEM Ford F-Series REV Hard Folding Tonneau Cover by REV. Idk if its a BakFlip with a Ford badge, but I did take it back to them to stop it from leaking and it still leaks. I took it upon myself after they adjusted it and it still leaked to completely remove and reinstall and adjust it in every way possible to stop it from leaking and IT STILL LEAKS. I even got some door weather stripping and put it on every which way I could to stop the water and it STILL LEAKS. lol

So I think its time to take it off and light it on fire. I would like to get a soild Tonneau because it covers the sides of the bed and No water deff can get in but I know as soon as I get that I will need to pick up something big and it wont fit with that cover on. So I am at a loss here and dont know what to do. I just want a cover that I can access the whole be with and NOT LEAK!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? (no sarcasm dead serious)

Peter
In my opinion, your cover should be replaced under your Ford product warrantee. I will bring your issue to the owner of Bak and see what he suggests for you. Please send me your private E-mail and phone contact to better facilitate the exchange of information. I am also happy to hook you up with a Roll-X should you decide to
Thanks,
morrie

OP
OP
T

talontsi

Reaction score
In my opinion, your cover should be replaced under your Ford product warrantee. I will bring your issue to the owner of Bak and see what he suggests for you. Please send me your private E-mail and phone contact to better facilitate the exchange of information. I am also happy to hook you up with a Roll-X should you decide to
Thanks,
morrie

Info sent. Thanks.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I got the retrax pro, and man was that a mistake.
Everytime i go muddin the chanber were it retracts to gets stuck with mud. Same for snow too cant roll it back without everything getting in there.

But my bed floor has visible crevises where i can see the ground so when im flying a dusty road/mud ect it gets inside my bed anyways i just stopped caring lol