The right way to install GEN 2 Shocks on a GEN 1!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doug Mikra

Doug Mikra

Reaction score
Yeah I can get you part numbers for the shocks that you need.

We list them on our website under the kit info I believe, or if you chose to have us build them we can handle everything for you.

OP
OP
Doug Mikra

Doug Mikra

Reaction score
Understood. Looks like the only current way to run the live valves is with the KHC top buckets I guess.
That’s true, but then you don’t have a way to actuate the valve unless you go e-click. And in that case, you’re probably at the same price as a factory race series 3.0 kit

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s true, but then you don’t have a way to actuate the valve unless you go e-click. And in that case, you’re probably at the same price as a factory race series 3.0 kit

Yes, the plan would be to use the SDI kit to control them. The 19+ live valve shocks can be had for a reasonable price as take offs. Yes, the SDI kit is like 1800 bucks, but I'm pretty sure the 3.0 adjustable front and rears are like 8000 dollars.

Last edited:

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The other thing is that don't you gain like 1.5" of suspension travel with the Gen 2 shocks compared to running Gen 1's?

EDIT: No suspension travel gain running any of the 3.0 shocks whether stock or aftermarket. The issue I read was running the stock Gen 2 shock on a Gen 1 without the adapters or the KHC buckets meant losing 2" of shock travel which is where all the issues were coming from about running Gen 2 shocks on a Gen 1.

Last edited:

EasyDoesIt

Reaction score
Just read through this post and a couple others. Then found a deal on some 2018 Gen 2 Struts.

@Doug Mikra My only question is if I send them to TSW or Hammer, do you know if they charge extra to rebuild them with your lowers or is it sixes? I'm in Las Vegas NV and might find a local rebuilder but I'm leaning towards TSW/Hammer since they are familiar with your kit.

Let me know if you have any BFCM Sales that are still active.

Thanks,
Steve