The right way to install GEN 2 Shocks on a GEN 1!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just an update on our end - Thanks to everyone for the positive support! We've gotten a lot of interest on the kit but quite a few customers wanted an option where they could buy a complete setup without having to perform the retrofit themselves.

With that said, for a limited time we're going to start offering a BRAND NEW set of front Gen 2 struts with our kit installed for just $1499 plus shipping + handling. This would be a brand new set of struts (not take-offs) and then retrofitted with our components.

At these prices we feel we're competitive with any reputable rebuild shop and offering a substantially superior product. Depending on usage, our 3.0 retrofit kit may very well be the last shock you need to buy for your Gen 1.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM to get your built slot lined up ASAP. We're man-power limited so it will be on a first come, first serve basis.
Thanks!

Doug
@The Car Stereo Company still looking for some fronts?

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so I understand, this setup requires I re-use my stock Gen 1 springs and top mounts for a mid-perch ride height? Very cool design btw. Great work on this.

OP
OP
Doug Mikra

Doug Mikra

Reaction score
Just so I understand, this setup requires I re-use my stock Gen 1 springs and top mounts for a mid-perch ride height? Very cool design btw. Great work on this.
Yes! The rate of the stock Gen 1 springs is much better suited than the rate of the Gen 2 springs.

Viper32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like this option. Are you doing anything to make Gen 2 shocks work on a 2015-2020 F150 also?

Viper32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like this option. I will hit you up real soon because I need a set for my 2014 Raptor. I am also wondering if you are making a kit that will work on 2015 to 2020 f-150s also?

OP
OP
Doug Mikra

Doug Mikra

Reaction score
I like this option. I will hit you up real soon because I need a set for my 2014 Raptor. I am also wondering if you are making a kit that will work on 2015 to 2020 f-150s also?
Hey Viper,

We appreciate the interest! Let us know if you have any questions when you're ready to get your 2014 set-up and going.

Regarding the F-150 question: This will fit the 2015-2020 F-150's if you also swap over the lower control arm to the raptor-style design.
Thanks

Doug