GEN 1 The right way to haul some bikes !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trophytruck25

Reaction score
IMG_3662.JPG IMG_3666.JPG IMG_3667.JPG

Here is our Gen1 picking up some bikes @ Yamaha Corp. of America for some shows with our new Geiserbros / TT25 Tire / Bike Rack. We started out to design a Chase rack for our NEW Trophy Truck team and wound up creating the best solution for hauling dirt/street bikes securely. We used to own & operate one of the Factory Yamaha Supercross / Motocross teams years ago so we have moved many of them & never dreamed what started out to carry our 40" x 12.5"tires, fuel & tools would be hauling bikes again. The Raptors we have to do the heavy lifting. Check out our website www.trophytruck25.com look at Geiserbros - Tire / Bike racks we are taking orders for our 1st deliveries next month Made here in Phoenix, Arizona - MAGA !! Check out our Facebook & Instagram too @trophytruck25

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, but...

In decades of hauling MC's on and in trailers and in trucks, like everyone else, I used 2 straps for each bike. Then it happened. Coming down a steep grade on Interstate 5 in Oregon, one of the straps gave up. I saw it all happen in my side mirror. While trying to quickly slowdown, which made the bike thrashing around get worse, outside strap, drivers side, the bike departed its resting place and onto the interstate, rolling over and over, end over end. The straps wound around the bike keeping it close. Bent and missing parts, severe road rash on everything, split gas tank, gas running out. Had a big rig, RV, or other vehicle been in the left lane right there, it could have been a real goat rope rodeo.

I now use 4 straps on every bike, even when they are in an enclosed trailer.

OP
OP
trophytruck25

trophytruck25

Reaction score
You folks can use (6) straps I think you missed the point of our new bed bolted rack we designed. www.trophytruck25.com I have hauled bikes with my former Factory Yamaha team with pickups & different configurations (2) straps aren't an issue with the suspension compressed correctly and chocked the preload.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s correct, the biggest part is the wheel being chocked so any vibration and bumps don’t cause the front wheel to move, causing one of the two straps to become loose. Never had a problem hauling a 50k pro stock bike this way, but I did start using a 3rd strap through the back wheel to keep the ass end planted. Nice set-up @trophytruck25 .

Last edited:

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front wheels were chocked when one of the bikes departed as described earlier. Was only trying to help those that are in denial about any accidents that might happen. Assume your own level of risk. At 67 years old, I see younger people than me not interested in accepting advice from those that have "been there, done that". Experience and learn. Was just trying to help others avoid what happened to me. How long does it take to attach another strap or two, maybe 5 minutes. It could save a lot of grief later.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would never say nothing couldn’t happen, the majority of the cases are people that don’t think of chocking the wheel from moving, the other case are people that buy cheap tie downs to hold there items in place, then comes the factor of people that after years of abuse never replace there tie downs. Hell how many people also wonder why there beds start pushing/bending into the cab, I don’t disagree with you on extra straps, that’s why I stated I used a third strap for the rear wheel, because the back end bouncing and moving takes a toll on the front straps , and it can and will be a costly mistake. @Gary E I was not saying you where incorrect in your statement, my comment was ment to complement on a nice system for strapping down bikes, if the end user doesn’t use there heads on strapping down there items, let’s just hope it’s only there items lost, with no harm to them and others.