The Right Place @ the Right Time...Osprey Caught Sky Fishing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
So there I wasat 10K feet up near Brianhead UT, minding my own business, photographing the Mallard Family and I see this Osprey circling overhead.
This was one of those Nat Geo moments. I have twice captured an Osprey carrying his Trout Dinner but this was the first time I actually saw one Dive Into the water to do a little fishing.
Amazing...

IMGP3035.JPGIMGP3054.JPGIMGP3056.JPGIMGP3088.JPGIMGP3097.JPG

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Osprey spend some time over here on Lake Travis around my home. Just never have a camera/phone ready. Have some Bald Eagles that stop through too (not widely known down here). Both beautiful birds to watch! Your pics are awesome!
Nice. The 2 don’t get along. Think Biggie / Tupac.

My buddy was a wildlife photographer in his spare time and would spend hours in a blind along the Potomac river where we had 3(?) nesting pairs of bald eagles. They would go fishing and the osprey would mug them mid air, stealing the fish.

Great pics, Bunny!

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Nice. The 2 don’t get along. Think Biggie / Tupac.

My buddy was a wildlife photographer in his spare time and would spend hours in a blind along the Potomac river where we had 3(?) nesting pairs of bald eagles. They would go fishing and the osprey would mug them mid air, stealing the fish.

Great pics, Bunny!
See if he has any of the Muggings pictures. That would be so cool to see and even more incredible to capture the images!!
Ther are a few Nat Geo shows showing what the Photographers have to put themselves through to capture some of their Award Wining Images. BRUTAL, Just BRUTAL. Things like lying motionless in the Freezing snow and wind for weeks to Capture a Snow Lepard and her babies..,Those Boys and Girls EARN their money!

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Here is the one I came across finishing his Fishing Trip to Lake Mead :)

Last edited: