The Rescue & Recovery Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
lnferno

lnferno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning Maryland,

I have done the hidden winch set up on the factory bumper. I utilized the Swarfworks kit with Factor 55 hardware and a Warn Industries VR 10-S, but this mount will work with the ZEON 10S and 12S. I'll post a couple pictures below. It does add some weight to the front of the truck, but I manage that with my shock adjustment height. Overall I love it, and you don't even notice it at all. The biggest "issue" is relocating the intercooler. It's something I was going to tackle anyway, but I can see how a person who just wants a winch and not an aftermarket intercooler would see it as an extra step. Overall I think it's a great mod.

View attachment 120396 View attachment 120397

What do you have your collars set to? 2.5”? 3”? 3.5”?

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to post,but thought you guys might like to see my Raptors very 1st off road fun on the beach.And yes..it is as good as they say in the Sand..! Very short video,my GF was having too much fun watching...LOL
Took it to the beach over Memorial Day,and there is a van full of "tourists" who didnt know you dont park next to the Ocean when high tide is coming in....There was a guy in a Jeep who didnt!! have a tow strap stopped there,but of no use...I think he was afraid to get in the water... :) ... Gave the van owner my RHINO tow strap and watched him try to hook it up in between the waves crashing on side of van....He was one happy ****** when I got him to dry sand...and no BS...It didnt even feel like I was pulling anything out..smooth as silk....!

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good choice on that 12K winch...Many people don't know that the pull rating for a winch is when there is only one wrap on the spool, so every wrap after that downgrades the pull rating...So if you think you need a 8K winch, should really look at that 12k.....

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YEP....you from there..?? Cause an Ocean looks like an Ocean to me....what gave it away....LOL..

I’m from Seattle, but we go Razor clamming there. There’s a YouTube channel by “Hill Auto Body & Towing” where he films his adventures of rescuing stuck cars from Ocean Shores/Long Beach.