Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

The Orca: 2012 Tuxedo Black Screw Build

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Build-Up Forum' started by TaylorF-150, Feb 2, 2018.

1. TaylorF-150

TaylorF-150 Full Access Member

If I was the one painting stuff, I'd give that a try, but I suck at that stuff, so I've been leaving the painting to the pros!

2. WFWP

WFWP Member

Gotcha. Might seem like a random question but their website said they would not. I found that odd.
    Thanks.

3. TaylorF-150

Not sure where it says that on their site, but mine work just fine with the TPMS.

4. TaylorF-150

It's been a little while since I've updated this thread, but I've been working on a few different things. True to form, I swapped wheels again. I've been looking for a set of the original Robby Gordons for awhile, and managed to snag a set of 4 (if anyone knows where I can find a 5th, I'll pay top dollar!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also got those fabricated knuckles, Camburg upper & lower ams, stainless brake lines, and limit straps installed on the frontend. While everything was apart, I had them weld some doubler plates on the lower a-arm pockets. (Don't worry, I've since fixed the routing of that vacuum line)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I slapped one of the new Ruffstuff rear diff covers on the rearend:

[​IMG]

And I finally got my Rugged radio installed in the center console:

[​IMG]

And then ran the hand mic wire into the shifter console to a CAT6 receptacle. Just plug in the hand mic and it's ready to rock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, I got my gen 2 Raptor steering wheel swap done as well. I'm loving the paddle shifters!

[​IMG]

5. Idleone

Idleone Full Access Member

Loving the new upgrades man. Truck is looking tough. How difficult was the gen 2 steering wheel replacement wiring?

6. TaylorF-150

The gen 2 steering wheel swap was pretty easy. Just gotta get a wiring harness kit from Ecopowerparts. Then buy a gen 2 steering wheel, airbag, and clockspring and you're ready to go.