(the One and Only) Tire size.. (thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The General Grabber is definitely a great looking tire, but it is noisy running on road. It'll be great in the sand with good floatation, but still be able to move sand to propel you forward. The tire is also a true to diameter 35" tire, and thus will likely rub at turn and compression, particularly if you've got aftermarket wheels with wider than stock offset. The tire is poor in wet, reasonable in mud, horrible in ice/light snow (not too much of that there?), but does work well in desert terrains. Again it does look great in person on the Raptor, and will serve you well. But it's not an ideal street runner for long trips, in my opinion. That's what has kept me from running it long term.

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what size tires the 37's are? 37's aren't listed on discount tires website. Everyone is saying 37/12.5/17, so what size is that exactly? Also will the duratec's fit like the KO2 do?

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duratrac is not offered in 37". Just up to 35" unfortunately. 37"x12.50x17 typically run 36.5" to 37" diameter. Depends on the brand.
This site...
https://tiresize.com/tires/
offers actual weights and dims on most tires. Pretty handy I think. Click on the brand and model of tire, then find your size.

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a TON of research and I can't seem to find the answer so rather than making a whole new 37" thread since there a re millions maybe you guys can help me out.

Is there ANY way to run a 37 without having to hammer the pench welds? Weather it be stock rims/3.0s/glass fenders/ ect. I'm just not comfortable with messing with the pench welds on a truck this expensive that I have no plans to seriously beat on in the desert.

Also, will 35" Toyo MTs on 0 offset methods fit without messing with the pinch welds? This may be what I do if I can't get 37s to fit.

Thanks!

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a TON of research and I can't seem to find the answer so rather than making a whole new 37" thread since there a re millions maybe you guys can help me out.

Is there ANY way to run a 37 without having to hammer the pench welds? Weather it be stock rims/3.0s/glass fenders/ ect. I'm just not comfortable with messing with the pench welds on a truck this expensive that I have no plans to seriously beat on in the desert.

Also, will 35" Toyo MTs on 0 offset methods fit without messing with the pinch welds? This may be what I do if I can't get 37s to fit.

Thanks!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you have to hammer pinch welds to prep for glass fenders. you can run 35s without doing it. With a zero offset wheel you may rub on the back inside of your fender liner a little but people have done it. I have methods and 35 grabbers and I get slight rubbing on the liner. Your front end alignment has a little to do with rubbing there. But it's really not that big of a deal. Just put some corrosion blocker on it. You can caulk it up where it's water tight and paint it. No one will see behind your fender liner. I wouldn't risk 37s without doing it, even if you don't beat on your truck. You would also need to be at least mid perch

RZNCAIN

Reaction score
So I just got a set of Method Double Standards and 35 inch Grabbers, and I juuuust grab on the inner fender at full turn. Everything else on the truck is stock. Easiest and cheapest way to prevent this? At least for just everyday driving?