The new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob,

Welcome aboard. What dealership did you order from?

Hate to give you bad news but getting the truck in one month is nearly if not impossible. Based on all the reading I have done it takes about 3-4 months on average from order to delivery. Of course there are exceptions I have seen people get their trucks in 2 months, others have waited up to 6 months!!. I am about to hit the 3 month mark and I should get a build date soon.

It really comes down to the dealership and their allocation.

Did you get any kind of order document?

If you have an order number and dealership code you can check status with Ford.

Hoep that helps bud

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
thanks for all the welcomes everyone.
Q Answer: no i have never seen the color in person. only in pictures
Q Answer:i currently live in mcallen texas.

so do you really think it will take longer than a month to get the truck? the dealer said the truck was already painted, just waiting for specifications like engine and options. they made it sound like 4 week it would arrive.

i found a place that makes a sweet bumper that i am looking in too with a winch and 40 in light bar. Does anyone have one on the raptor?
Yeah your dealer is full of it. They don't get periodic updates of the build stages. you get a VIN and a build date. Then the truck gets built in a day (on your build date) and then it gets scheduled for shipping.

Leeann

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I hope you added a bed extender to your list of options to haul all that BS your dealer is giving you.

jdombrowski1077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you added a bed extender to your list of options to haul all that BS your dealer is giving you.

Right on girl!!!

I think if he is telling you a month he might have had a customer back out of an order already in the line to be built. If that's the case you will have no choice on options except what he gets through that order. If I were you id ask more questions and talk to a couple of other dealers. Im at the one month mark and my salesman contacted me and told me I was still unscheduled. And like others have posted its an average of a 3-4 month time frame and if you look back I dont think I have seen one person receive a truck in a month unless they bought one off the lot or got lucky and came across a cancelled order at the right time. Ill give you props if you do get the truck in the month, along with being insanely jealous. But the deal smells a little fishy.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Delivery ~ 2 weeks
Build ~ 1 Day
VIN ~ Build minus 7 days

If you are getting it in a month then your dealer should be able to get you a VIN on Thursday. If he can't then it is going to be more than a month

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmanuelrmz