The "mystery" Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I had three in there but 4 should fit no problem. We are happy to make changes for you guys as well. And we wont gouge you on the price like some manufactures. We believe in the best quality at a fair price.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply! three was what I was hoping for. Not sure how four would look, but that might be cool too.

WickedPerformanceShop

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With four they have to be really tight together. i would stick with the three. We will get some photos up of that option. Like I said earlier with the universal light mount you get a lot of options with one bumper. We made it very easy to mount lights and upgrade down the road. It not the bumpers that get you its all the awesome lighting options out there.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great explanation! I understand what your saying. We curved the lower bar on the outside to folow the line of the fender. The bottom hoop is only radius bent in the front 40" and then it is bent up and back to meet the line of the top bar. The issue with doing a straight bar with the curved top is the center fill plate. Without the matching curves its hard to put that plate in. We could try combining the two. We are always open to new ideas. Thanks for the input guys we love the feedback.
http://wickedperformanceshop.com/images/assault/Assaultraptor-8.jpg

ah I see the that radius bend in the front 40" you're talking about, so it matches the upper. Very clean looking! If you were able to keep that part, but just angle the outer edges up after that middle 40", thats what I'd really prefer. Then the center plate should be identical to that one, and just the outer parts of the lower tube changed. I see how those outer lower portions of the tube do flow with the curvature of the fender flare, but since it's drastic different materials from plastic wide flares to thinner tubular metal bumper, I think you can still keep the end of the tube lining up with the fender flare, but bending it towards the center sooner and at a sharper angle. It somewhat replicates the more angular-ish shape of our factory fog openings.

A very ROUGH paint photochop of what I'm thinking, and maybe not at this angle exactly, but between this and the original is what I was thinking.

Attachments

• ModWicked.JPG
    ModWicked.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 90

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ah I see the that radius bend in the front 40" you're talking about, so it matches the upper. Very clean looking! If you were able to keep that part, but just angle the outer edges up after that middle 40", thats what I'd really prefer. Then the center plate should be identical to that one, and just the outer parts of the lower tube changed. I see how those outer lower portions of the tube do flow with the curvature of the fender flare, but since it's drastic different materials from plastic wide flares to thinner tubular metal bumper, I think you can still keep the end of the tube lining up with the fender flare, but bending it towards the center sooner and at a sharper angle. It somewhat replicates the more angular-ish shape of our factory fog openings.

A very ROUGH paint photochop of what I'm thinking, and maybe not at this angle exactly, but between this and the original is what I was thinking.

That Chop is exactly what i'm talking about, would like to see a chop from the front view.

WickedPerformanceShop

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy guys. If you want that we can do that no problem. That is an extremely easy change. We still want to keep the bumper the way it is. But if you wanted one made like that it would be no problem.