The more I read the more I get scared...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
19...5k so far not a single issue and smile every time I get in it. IMHO the truck is more advanced than most of it's owners. crying about the transmission usually translates into not understanding what the truck is trying to do like staying in a higher rpm in sport mode so you are always in the power band. I'd buy it again and again over a Fiat/Dodge or GM. Nothing competes well with the Raptor and you have the added knowledge that you are buying from the only American car/truck company to never have gone bankrupt, never have screwed their bond holders and gave the finger to Obama and his bail out. GM/Fiat/Dodge haven't even tried to compete with the Raptor because they can't. Ram might release their TREX next year and we'll see what happens as they flesh out a new model.

McMillan

Reaction score
Ford has worked with these components for a few years now, they are proven reliable, if you get consumer reports you will see Chevy, gmc, & ram as the most problematic, Ford is #1 for a reason, from development to honest dealer warranty work. Go to a honest dealer with a good service dept and you will never look back! I guess the other option is a yugo. No vehicle has ever been perfect, but with as few problems as Ford has on any of their trucks, especially the Gen 2 raptors, pull the trigger or get a million mile warranty.

Remi

Reaction score
For the most part, people go on the internet or forums when they have issues, and asking for help, you are looking at the wrong place to make your decision on whether you should buy one or not.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Edge-st

Reaction score
Even with the recent minor issue.... I never or never will regret the Raptor purchase.... Nothing is perfect, no matter how much money you spend on anything....

Schreibs

Reaction score
I agree. Knock on wood I drive my 2011 to well over 225K miles and when I traded it in they still were able to get 11K out of it. Never had one problem with the engine. Keep up the maintenance schedule in terms of oil and try not to **** around with modifications and you should be fine.

Bob Blessing

Reaction score
I traded a 2016 F250 for my 2017Raptor and I Love it. Make no mistake about it, I loved my 2016 F250 Powerstroke as well. I did, however, have Front End Issues (Death Wobble) with my F250 from 16,000 miles until 40,000 miles. The dealer tried many times to fix it but, couldn't. It was the reason for me getting rid of it. But, I still loved my Truck.

Now, all that being said, this 2017 Raptor is night and day driving compared to my F250. Even compared to my 2015 F150 Eco Boost I had it's different. I don't do much Off Roading except on my Property in Alabama as I don't have time to play that often. But, I will tell you, on the Road it just floats like a dream. The handling of this Truck is by far the best Pick Up I've ever driven.

I seriously doubt you will question your purchase if yo decide to get one. Good Luck and Godspeed to you whichever way you decide to go.

marcm

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what the others are saying. I believe any manufacturer is bound to have isolated issues with a few trucks here & there. I just bought my 2019 (after 5-yrs having a 2014 w/ little issues). Any salesman can sell you the truck, the first thing I did when I walked in was talk with the Service Manager typically I've found that they are the people you will have a relationship with well after the sale. I got a good feel for him & purchased the premium maintenance package as well as the extended warranty.

thosedarnkids

Reaction score
Bought an 18' with 19K miles and I am at 27K with no issues. I was a Toyota owner for 16 years and have 0 regrets....

Most of the negatives what you are reading are folks needing help with their issues and they are looking for support. That does not mean that all Raptors are blowing up. Just got for it and join the club.

thosedarnkids

Reaction score
Love my 2018 Raptor!!
Waiting on 4’ inch Fabtech lift on 35’s
Custom forged rims n Tires in 4wks :)
I will be representing Ford Raptor in Huntington Beach !!!