The M&R Hood Mount Kit V2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did not by chance go on the smokey and bandit tour a few years ago? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE said:
No the wife wouldn't have let me do that stuff then. So we seperated she seen her ways were wrong, and now we are back together:********:

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a set of these a week ago off the classified section. Just got them installed today and all I can say is, HOLY FRACK!!!! Bright doesn't begin to describe them. They make my factory HID's look like a couple of AA mag lights with near dead batteries and that's not even an exaggeration.

Didn't want to cut anything to install them so I got a set of Alternative Offroads no cut mounts. Couple things to note. The M&R lights have a bigger mounting screw than the hole on the bracket so it needs to be drilled out with a 1/2 inch bit. Also, the bracket sits lower/tighter to the truck whic makes tightening the light bracket to the mount a real bitch! Trying to get a 3/4" wrench on the locknut is near impossible. I finally had to get a ratcheting box end that hinged and then force it under the nut to get it tightened down. Would be better to put the bolt up from the bottom and tighten the nut on from the top, but the light bracket is slotted and won't allow for it. Anyway. Got it installed and it appears to be solid! Any tips for getting them properly aligned and aimed. I more or less just eyeballed it off from the garage and in relation to the headlights for now.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello, I am interested in a comparison of these and the Vision X Light Cannons. I know that watts and lumens doesn't always equal the best light output. I just wanna make sure I'm getting the best possible "hood mount" set up.

Can anyone speak from experience of which is an overall better option? Price and easy of mounting is NOT an issue. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are in burbank you can see them in person

You have a set of vision X light cannons there that I can compare them to? You have them mounted on a Raptor so I can see if I like the way they look from INSIDE the cab??

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I'm in Panorama City at Kaiser off the 170. Where in Burbank?