The long term impact of ADM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe that there will be a pickup in Raptor trim after gen 3. It's too valuable to dump. Look at how they're trying to spread the name around. But. How good will it be off road? Weight is a killer, so EV is off the table. Hybrid? Dunno. Kinda heavy. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

EVs are still a fraction of the market, and there are lots of hold outs. I'm sure they'll be able to find ICE engine customers through to a Gen 4....assuming Gen 4 happens before 2030.

After that point, quite possible we'll have batteries with much better energy density. I mean anyone who knows anything about that tech understands it means a huge pay day if they can figure it out.

offcamber

Reaction score
I test drove a used 2021 this past week. The salesman riding with me encouraged me to play around with it so I flogged the hell out of it. Even did a full on standing brake test. We drove up a little powerline road next to the freeway and I bombed the hell out of it. The truck had BFG 37's on it so probably actually 35.5's but they got into the fenders a bit, especially when I came back down the road. We went back to the dealer and sat down to discuss the deal on this 2021 with 21k miles that had an original MSRP of $77K. They wanted $90K for it. I laughed at them and told them why would I pay $15K over the original sticker price for a vehicle that was well used and obviously abused. The sales manager asked why I thought it was abused. I told him because we just drove it and I abused it on the test drive so there is no way i'm the first person that had done it. I told them I'd give $70k, thats it. ADM is for chumps.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
There is no doubt that ADM’s suck. I have been wanting a Raptor for several years, just never could pull the trigger. Then, when I was ready to buy, the AMD’s kept me away from getting a gen 3 for the longest time. I had my previous truck at the dealer for warranty service and happened to see them drive a new Raptor from the back lot to the front of the dealership. I bought two brand new trucks from this dealer already, so I asked the sales manager what was up w the new Raptor they just pulled up front. They said it just came in and had just finished inspection. It was not pre-sold, so I asked them to run the numbers for me. I had to pay ADM, but, the higher trade in value they gave me helped offset some of that pain. And, I “literally“ took my other truck back home (before they serviced the warranty issue) cleaned it out, removed all of my aftermarket parts and tools, then went back two days later to take home my new Raptor. I just got tired of waiting and checking Cargurus and calling dealers for months, hoping to get one for MSRP…then this one pretty much just fell into my lap!

I‘ve had the truck for two months now and still don’t know how I feel. I love the truck, but keep thinking back to just a few years ago, when the ONLY trucks that got to $70k were loaded up diesel king ranches and 2500 Denali trucks. I remember thinking that I would never spend that much on a truck. Now the only trucks I would consider owning are over $80k BEFORE markup… crazy times…

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only truck I paying that kind of money for doesn't burn gasoline. I could not imagine having an ADM of any kind. The times we live in but with the hybrid Tacoma coming out and other options. Just too many options on the market to give Ford that kind of money. I do believe Ford doesn't want to fix things and they enjoy making less vehicles but more profit per unit sold. This model is nothing new, many other countries have this same model. We were just spoiled under the old one and are Americans. We deserve it right but we don't because this isn't changing any time soon.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pastorwug said the Raptor he looked at was gone in a week with huge ADM, bought by some schmuck.

Buddy of mine for 40 years has done very well in commercial real estate. His wife was very wealthy and had millions in life insurance when she got cancer at 50 and was dead in few months.

To him, 25k is like $250 to me. It means nothing. He gambles 10k a week in sports. If he was a Raptor fan and wanted one, he wouldn’t feel an extra 25k. Does that make him a Schmuck?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To him, 25k is like $250 to me. It means nothing. He gambles 10k a week in sports. If he was a Raptor fan and wanted one, he wouldn’t feel an extra 25k. Does that make him a Schmuck?
Not at all. The real problem is that he makes me feel like a schmuck. And we can't have that. ;) So I'm going to complain about the people who pay ADMs so that I feel better about myself. Of course it doesn't work and I just end up feeling like an angry schmuck. :emotions122: