The long term impact of ADM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris51080

Reaction score
I remember listening to a John McWhorter podcast where he literally talked about not being able to take literally literally any more. Language evolves and words change meaning. A really good book is his "Nine Nasty Words". Damñ, hëll, šhit, ašs, fùck, cünt, the n word, etc. How they started, how they evolved. Literally is being used more and more for emphasis, rather than literally.
I literally ignore people that misuse the word literally. It just shows that you literally can’t trust what they are saying.

Fordman21

Reaction score
Curious what everyone thinks prices will do over the next 5 months… adm’s are dropping, but still there. With price inflation, esp w the 8.5k announced on lighting, it may be a push in the long run.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

chris51080

Reaction score
Curious what everyone thinks prices will do over the next 5 months… adm’s are dropping, but still there. With price inflation, esp w the 8.5k announced on lighting, it may be a push in the long run.
I don’t know if it’s going to be 5 months, but certainly not too far from then. ADMs will be gone once people realize that we are in a recession.

You’re already seeing ADM being reduced or going away completely on many high demand cars. Especially outside of LA or other silly areas.

braaptor37

Reaction score
I would never go back to Paso Robles Ford after they tried to stick me with a $25k ADM. I asked them how they sell anything with that kind of shady dealing, they said they sell them every week. How stupid can people be? Without even a grin he stood by their ADM.
Drove by a week later and sure enough, the Raptor was gone - some shmuck swallowed the pill because they got lazy.
I went on FRF and just asked if there was a dealer that would at least sell at MSRP - within a day a dealer contacted me and sold me a Raptor for $2k UNDER MSRP. Exactly the options and color I wanted.
You just have to be patient and don't be lazy.
This is fake news

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 is at 52k miles. I went into 2022 planning on trading in for a Gen 3 expecting to pay low to mid 80’s and naively didn’t think it would be as much of a hassle as it’s been. I’m in South Florida. I have gone to no less than a dozen dealerships over the past 30 days. And it’s all the same circus. Most already have 2022 orders submitted to Ford and have yet to receive an anticipated build date. All have ADM’s the least of which was “$15k non-negotiable” and up to $25k on preorders with a non-refundable $5k deposit to put your name on one. Two dealers have 2022’s on their lots for $108k and $111k. The latter tried to tell me that the reason for the ADM was because the truck had “a lot of upgrades”. When I showed him the printed window sticker for that truck from Ford’s website he said “look it’s not my call”. All good brother. Godspeed. And so we wait. Guys that wanna pay ADM all the more power to you. Love my Gen 2 and will be waiting, sitting comfy on ventilated seats; if and when the day comes that they are offered at MSRP I’m all in. And yes, in the grand scheme of things it’s “only $15k” but regardless of what the number is, it’s a donation that I have no interest in making. Is what it is.

leadedfoot99

Reaction score
Everything
I don’t know if it’s going to be 5 months, but certainly not too far from then. ADMs will be gone once people realize that we are in a recession.

You’re already seeing ADM being reduced or going away completely on many high demand cars. Especially outside of LA or other silly areas.

This is how I feel. Real money has already reacted. ADMS on G63s, GT3s and Ferraris have been vastly destroyed over the last 90 days. Plus we have the two horseman of the financial apocalypse making their return (V series Escalade, Hummer).