The Last Gen 2 Shock Swap Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've figured out a cheap simple way to end up with an extended hat and not need limiting straps.

Get ready to smack yourselves in the head. I'll do it up and post pics in the next day or two.

I'm still not gonna run any rubber bump stops. I've got kings in the rear and I'll have them upfront.

Rubber is for Starbucks rubber baby buggy bumpers.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing the upper arms, lower arms and airbumps first because I could get them.

I only got used barely 2g shocks for now because I could get them unlike the dual shock setup I really want.

Kodiak2015

Reaction score
Anyone know if eibach gen 2 springs will work on the gen 2 shocks on gen 1 been reading but not found my answer yet thank you guys.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how it will affect the up travel and the use of my fox 2.5 bump stop. Can anyone chime in on that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would also like to know if this has been tested. I recently installed the forged Offroad rear bumpstop kit and have yet to make contact with the strike plate. I have Gen 2 rear shocks and 2.5” fox bumps with the ICON rear leaf pack. I haven’t felt anything bottom out so maybe I’m not sending hard enough? I’ve been airborn a few times, nothing crazy but still ZERO bumpstop contact on the strike plate. The bumpstop has a rubber o ring around the shaft and it has yet to move. Any thoughts?