The Last Gen 2 Shock Swap Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does running gen 2s in the back stretch the brake lines too much or was he having that issue because of the deavers and the gen 2s?

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When paired with the deavers the droop travel is too great for the brake lines. If you are on stock springs should be fine

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

patrapt

Reaction score
hello everybody, I'm new in your forum, I leave in French Polynesia , I'm inspired by your exchanges on the eventuality of installing gen2 fox absorber instead of gen 1 on my 2012 raptor set
I use my truck 80% off the street road, and rarely like most of you on pure off road,
but when we have very heavy rain, the road looks like a river, and no worries to pass with my raptor.
I approach 76000 km and it is time to provide maintenance for the shock, on ebay we find a set for $ 689, so very interesting for me, so I would like your opinion, .
The idea of sending my shocks to be revised in the United States would be too expensive,
it is possible to plan the assembly of gen 2 for a use not off road,
and what should I bring as a modification to not have a mechanical problem.
sorry if my english is not very good, and thank 's for your help

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello everybody, I'm new in your forum, I leave in French Polynesia , I'm inspired by your exchanges on the eventuality of installing gen2 fox absorber instead of gen 1 on my 2012 raptor set
I use my truck 80% off the street road, and rarely like most of you on pure off road,
but when we have very heavy rain, the road looks like a river, and no worries to pass with my raptor.
I approach 76000 km and it is time to provide maintenance for the shock, on ebay we find a set for $ 689, so very interesting for me, so I would like your opinion, .
The idea of sending my shocks to be revised in the United States would be too expensive,
it is possible to plan the assembly of gen 2 for a use not off road,
and what should I bring as a modification to not have a mechanical problem.
sorry if my english is not very good, and thank 's for your help
Post some pictures!!!

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello BenBB,
what's sort of pictures do you want !!!!
A Raptor in French Polynesia, it has to be scenic there :cool: Anything you'd like to post, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one that would appreciate it.

And your question regarding the shocks, from what I'm seeing the Gen2 rear shocks are ok and bolt right in, the front not so much...

patrapt

Reaction score
yes my friend , there's a lot of raptor in my country , the price of this car is the same than a Chinese pickup . and no more hesitate to buy a raptor , more confortable and very nice shape ..and parts are less expensive ..
hey Ben can you explain how to post picture in this post?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes my friend , there's a lot of raptor in my country , the price of this car is the same than a Chinese pickup . and no more hesitate to buy a raptor , more confortable and very nice shape ..and parts are less expensive ..
hey Ben can you explain how to post picture in this post?

Sure! There's two ways; easiest is the red button to the lower right, "Upload a File", then just find that file on your computer (or phone or tablet or whatever you're using)...I added an old one of mine using that method.

The other option is if you have the URL to the image file online somewhere like Google Pics, Instagram, etc. In that case click at the top center, the small gray/black icon that looks like a picture, just to the right of the smiley, and cut/paste the URL. The advantage of this way is the image retains the original resolution, and can be placed within the text, the downside is that sometimes links don't work or cease to work.

20170501_122426.jpg

Mark J

Reaction score
Great thread update. Thanks all! I am a month waiting on my exchange program rebuilds to show up. This confirms for me that is probably the best way to go with my Gen 1, a 2014 with 29k miles on it. Love it. I did the rebuild with the flutter valves, schraders, and viton seals. Hope to get them this time next week. The wait is killing me. Oh and I'm going to try the pic upload BenBB mentioned above as I haven't tried that yet. :)Raptors_Merica.jpg