The Gunsmoke Movie Set - God’s Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a stupid world we live in now. The stupid people think it's just fine though! The era of people having common sense is going to die with our generation, I've tried to pass on some common sense to my kids, but they are surrounded by incompetent nincompoops, that they look like the odd ones out!
Same here, other kids look at them as if they are talking in another language. Same kids can't come up with an original thought it they had too. I feel sad for the future, looks like Atlas is shrugging right now. Ann Rand was way ahead of her time....

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
It’s a travesty that the Gunsmoke Movie Set wasn’t preserved. You can’t walk the streets of Gunsmoke due to the dilapidated conditions of the buildings.
The Beauty of the Country surrounding the set is undeniably Breathtaking. It’s no wonder that the area was known as the Little Hollywood of UT. Many iconic Western films and tv series were filmed in the area as well as several others.
Take a deep breath, relax and imagine a horse or covered wagon ride through this Incredible Country

View attachment 360821View attachment 360822View attachment 360823View attachment 360825View attachment 360826
Speaking of Gunsmoke series, I'd read that John Wayne had been the one who pushed for James Arness to play Matt Dillon.

About three weeks ago I was watching Gunsmoke episode when John Wayne appeared mentioning this new show and that James Arness was a good friend of his and that he thought he be great for playing Matt Dillon, something like that.

Anyways, it must have been the first episode because how young James Arness and Kitty looked.

Just a little FYI!

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
??
Does not look much like the area around Dodge City, does it?
It is when they showed them chasing someone in the hills and canyons.
Beautiful Country here ..
Not a lot of Red Canyons in KS ..lol

Last edited: