The Final Flight of “THE RAVEN”….A Hero’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome post, much appreciated. My neighbor is a Nam vet, as was my dad, I talk to them every chance I get and both were exposed to Agent Orange. Good to hear you get to see Thom again, cheers buddy. Here's Bob a couple days ago, he flew medivac into the lungs of hell and I'm lucky to know him:
IMG_5271.JPG

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you both, for your service. Love that story. I, too am a LEO for 26 years but never in the military, ready to retire. I also have a close friend who is going through stage 4 cancer and my father is 93 who I'm trying to take care of. I wish both of you the best of luck and stay in the fight.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I can feel the pain you are going thru with your friend. I too suffer from burn pit BS. Go to combat and that is all that they care about. Do your duty and then leave it up to the soldier to deal with after they get out. A sad ending that didn’t have to be for a true hero.
Chris get to the VA get it documented and then see some real Doctors.
Now that they have FINALLY acknowledged the toxicity of the burn pits, get the treatment you are owed.
Thom was misdiagnosed and denied treatment until he was in Stage4, irreversible:(
Thank You for your Service as well. Make them take care of you.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Awesome post, much appreciated. My neighbor is a Nam vet, as was my dad, I talk to them every chance I get and both were exposed to Agent Orange. Good to hear you get to see Thom again, cheers buddy. Here's Bob a couple days ago, he flew medivac into the lungs of hell and I'm lucky to know him:
View attachment 369665
I always view the Vietnam Pilots as the best in the World. Amazing what they could do with their Aircraft. Thank him for me…

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I want to thank all of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers for Thom.
Thank you for allowing me this platform to vent, it’s the only one I have.
The end may be near, it is inevitable for us all, but his fight is not over and I will do everything in my power to help him leave with the Honor and Dignity he has earned.

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John,

Please send my best to Thom and cherish your time with him. He sounds like a hell of a guy! Might be a bunch of dudes here, but his story is truly touching and one of the best posts in recent times.

From one to another, thank you and Thom for your service and sacrifices in support of a great nation.

Raising a toast for the Raven.

Last edited: