The Fast Lane Truck 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Brand new ecoboost engine, high output, itll blow away the old v8 in terms of power and usable torque at low rpm so really just a vassily superior engine than the outgoing v8"

I like the sound of that.

It also looks like from their cut up 10 speed display tranny that it has 3 overdrive ratios so Im guessing thats whats going to help push the mpg up with the EB. Then with the terrain management modes itll lock out whatever higher ratios to keep the truck from trying to search for gears all the time.

Im liking it more and more.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
taco-13,
I like the grab handles both front and rear on both sides; paddle shifters; higher center console; larger shocks/increased wheel travel; 10 speed transmission and special transfer case; special frame just for the Raptor; lighter but stronger aluminum body; The twin turbo V6; and yes I like the big FORD on the tailgate.
Not so sure about the giant moonroof, (though I think it looks great), how will it hold up? And it limits rooftop antenna placement....
I like the first generation's SE beadlocks much better than the new...
Just my 2 cents....
Eddie

OP
OP
taco-13

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
taco-13,
I like the grab handles both front and rear on both sides; paddle shifters; higher center console; larger shocks/increased wheel travel; 10 speed transmission and special transfer case; special frame just for the Raptor; lighter but stronger aluminum body; The twin turbo V6; and yes I like the big FORD on the tailgate.
Not so sure about the giant moonroof, (though I think it looks great), how will it hold up? And it limits rooftop antenna placement....
I like the first generation's SE beadlocks much better than the new...
Just my 2 cents....
Eddie

Yes lot of great features.Im ok with the tailgate. If it was an option I wouldnt add it though. I have never liked moonroofs so I can save a few bucks there. Put that money towards an extended warranty.
I see your local to Long Island. Can you suggest a dealer?

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whenever it's Jamal talking I always listen a little closer. It'll blow away the old v8. Hmmm. Sounds like more than 450hp. I wouldn't call 450 blowing away 411. So how much will it be???

7 modes not 6.

Paddle shifters.

Much better off-road especially at high speed

Rode much better in the sand (glides on top)

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it, except for the machined rims. That's the first I've seen those wheels on any 2017 I could find on the interweb.

I'll be ordering a gray one without a sunroof, with a Torsen (says "available"), and with black or grey wheels (non-beadlock).