GEN 2 The Detail Geek washes his muddy Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmcolorado

Reaction score
I cringed watching this! Please, please, please DON'T ever do the initial rinse off with a pressure washer. Even using a 15 - 45 degree tip. You are turning that grit that's in the mud and dirt into a sandblaster spray. Will you notice it right away? No. But after many washes you will. Every time you do that you are damaging that clear coat. Use open garden hose pressure first to rinse off the top layer of dirt/mud.
AND when you do use the pressure washer AFTER rinsing the vehicle clean always remember rule of thumb with pressure washers - if you can put your open hand in front of the spray without it causing pain it's safe for the paint. If it hurts you it will hurt the paint and decals.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That bissell spot cleaner is worth its weight in gold

A CR spotless system is next on my list for spotless rinse after I wash this pig

I might pick up an extractor. I used my shop vac this time around. I like that you can rinse in one step with the spot clean.

TrewRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous of the garage setup. Having an epode floor with a drain is awesome. I'm sure the walls are coated with a high quality paint similar to the mildew resistant type used in bathrooms which can easily handle the dampness, this is his career or business based off the logos and advertisement in the background. I have to clean out outside and it dries off to damn quick and creates water spots!

Mike Breh

Reaction score
I'm jealous of the garage setup. Having an epode floor with a drain is awesome. I'm sure the walls are coated with a high quality paint similar to the mildew resistant type used in bathrooms which can easily handle the dampness, this is his career or business based off the logos and advertisement in the background. I have to clean out outside and it dries off to damn quick and creates water spots!