The Deavers were better than I expected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, there under the recovery hooks, to me this is a better location then the frame rails.
And yes 3 ton high lift jack under the pumpkin in front of the cover, the tabs on the jack lift pad allow me to turn it so the pad hits all four points.

DSC02387.JPG

DSC02379 crop.jpg

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the recovery hooks are strong enough to support the trucks weight. Your under the front diff on each side of it you said? What are your jacking points front and rear?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the recovery hooks are strong enough to support the trucks weight. Your under the front diff on each side of it you said? What are your jacking points front and rear?
I know it's hard to see exactly where the jacks are, they are back where they are bolted on.

This way there is no way it could slip off, I was doing the traction bars and Camburg shackles, axle and springs need to come apart.

I lift from the center pumpkin on the back and center front cross member with a soft block of wood.

I don't like picking up this truck with a floor jack from the side rails,
if you go to far to the rear it's sketchy and if you towards the middle you risk stressing the frame.
I could always go back to my welding shop where I used to work 27 years ago
and weld some plate up that would better hold the side frame rail, if I really needed to.

I Brighten up the photo for you.
DSC02380 fixed.jpg

Here's a better picture of the jacks with the little side tabs, the tow hooks fit right inside there.
IMG_20150916_142709_164.jpg

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see now, cool. Pumpkin and front crossmember is how I normally jack up most vehicles. If I’m not working on the rear axle other than gears, I would have stands under the tubes.