The death of car culture

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaymare404

Reaction score
ok here is my take. I am a quote unqoute Millennial, born in 1988. I have in my possession right now, a 1970 mustang mach 1 351 cleveland 4 barrel 4 speed, a 2005 mustang, a 2016 ford explorer, and my 2017 ford raptor.

I also have twins, boy and girl, and another one on the way, not sure if boy or girl (just found out a few weeks ago.) Anyway... my children will be and are being raised with a full respect of the classics and internal combustion engines. They WILL be taught how to drive a manual car and they are being taught to car spot. My son (3) can tell the difference between most makes and models of cars right now and LOVES playing with his (my old collection) of matchbox and hotwheels cars and trucks. He LOVES monster trucks and always tells me that he wants to drive a monster truck when he learns how to drive. My daughter (also 3) LOVES working in the garage with daddy on his cars and trucks and projects. She LOVES tinkering on things as well as helping mommy and daddy "drive" (pull into driveway on our lap etc.)

What i am trying to say is that I do not feel like the next generation will cause the loss of "car culture". It may shrink or transition from riced out fast and furious type cars to something else... but it wont die as long as adults raise our kids with a curiosity and passion towards cars.

I know that this is a long post but i think that it explains how I view the change coming. My parents had a healthy car collection throughout their years of my development, but they were not what i consider car obsessed. But they taught me to respect EVERYONEs choice in car no matter if you liked it or not. I hope that i can raise my kids with the same respect.

I believe that as long as there are cars that can be bought and owned, someone out there will be changing them to make them their own. Whether that is by tuning up an ICE or programing an EV, the culture will be there.

Now with that said about respecting everyones choice in how they modify their car, there is one part of car culture that just needs to ****! CAROLINA SQUAT TRUCKS JUST NEED TO GO! LOL. go ahead and flame me, call me a hypocrite, whatever... they are just plain DUMB! My kids also do not like them lol.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok here is my take. I am a quote unqoute Millennial, born in 1988. I have in my possession right now, a 1970 mustang mach 1 351 cleveland 4 barrel 4 speed, a 2005 mustang, a 2016 ford explorer, and my 2017 ford raptor.

I also have twins, boy and girl, and another one on the way, not sure if boy or girl (just found out a few weeks ago.) Anyway... my children will be and are being raised with a full respect of the classics and internal combustion engines. They WILL be taught how to drive a manual car and they are being taught to car spot. My son (3) can tell the difference between most makes and models of cars right now and LOVES playing with his (my old collection) of matchbox and hotwheels cars and trucks. He LOVES monster trucks and always tells me that he wants to drive a monster truck when he learns how to drive. My daughter (also 3) LOVES working in the garage with daddy on his cars and trucks and projects. She LOVES tinkering on things as well as helping mommy and daddy "drive" (pull into driveway on our lap etc.)

What i am trying to say is that I do not feel like the next generation will cause the loss of "car culture". It may shrink or transition from riced out fast and furious type cars to something else... but it wont die as long as adults raise our kids with a curiosity and passion towards cars.

I know that this is a long post but i think that it explains how I view the change coming. My parents had a healthy car collection throughout their years of my development, but they were not what i consider car obsessed. But they taught me to respect EVERYONEs choice in car no matter if you liked it or not. I hope that i can raise my kids with the same respect.

I believe that as long as there are cars that can be bought and owned, someone out there will be changing them to make them their own. Whether that is by tuning up an ICE or programing an EV, the culture will be there.

Now with that said about respecting everyones choice in how they modify their car, there is one part of car culture that just needs to ****! CAROLINA SQUAT TRUCKS JUST NEED TO GO! LOL. go ahead and flame me, call me a hypocrite, whatever... they are just plain DUMB! My kids also do not like them lol.
Yep, no a ss low trucks