The death of car culture

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willwwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove the suv rivian today. Pretty ******* impressive. 835hp!! glad my customers trust me in their way too expensive car haha

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score

(part of the article ---)

Electric car biggest scam, 30k for battery replacement:
Same on a Tesla:
They claim it’s great. You pay like .06 per mile to charge it BUT the battery has to be replaced – for this guy at 70k miles for $30,000 so that’s 42 cents per mile…
Overall you’re looking at 50 cents per mile.

Gas costs you about 16 cents a mile at $4 per gallon / 25 miles per gallon.
Electric cars = FAIL

After breaking out my calculator, I have to agree with this guy:​

I am so frustrated when I try to explain this…and I get that 1000 mile stare.I posted this on the other recent tesla thread…

35 years of Oil & Gas and Electrical utility experience here. Not only are they NOT practical, but they are FAR from “green”. How do you think electricity is generated FFS? Fairy dust and Unicorn farts? I’ll let y’all in on a little secret, the North American electrical grid infrastructure is barely capable of meeting CURRENT demand loads, particularly in summer.
If we only replaced only cars (in 2021 there were 290 million Cars in the US) x 200 kW/h per charge…you can see that would need significantly more generation. Currently the US generates about 4.1 trillion kW/h from ALL sources every year. That means we would have to generate an extra 58 billion kW/h JUST TO CHARGE EACH VEHICLE ONCE.
So lets say you charge once a week….That would be 3.02 TRILLION kW/h per year of extra kw and the associated infrastructure.

How long do you think it would take to double the size of the entire North American electrical grid lol? Have we even started yet? Nope.
Its a f#*$ing pipe dream, and y’all greenies need to wake up and stop smoking that sh*t. It has destroyed your common sense.