The COOLER cooler comparasin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BisonCoolers.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was 100% confident our coolers could hold up a Jeep but was a little concerned with that 6.2 V8 up front on the Raptor could be a little too much. However, it handled it well and is a testament to the fact we overbuild every one of our products. 'MURICA!

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea.. you will never see me intentionally running over something I just paid a few hundo for just for a cool photo. And yes that is a very cool photo.

I am holding off on a cooler purchase till I get a bed rack sorted out so I can get one that will fit with it best.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend bought a Yeti 45 and I have a Pelican 45 and i'm pretty sure my cooler holds 25% more than his, and the Yeti's are a decent amount more money. This test wasn't very well orchestrated IMO.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between a 45qt or 65qt. I would mostly be using it for runs that last a day or two, but also camping trips and need space for 3 people for 3-4 days. I don't want to sell myself short since these things are not cheap. Any insight from people who own these would be appreciated!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still love my yeti! It is the first high ended cooler I ever bought and now it's covered in stickers and dirt and character. I can't complain.

BisonCoolers.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between a 45qt or 65qt. I would mostly be using it for runs that last a day or two, but also camping trips and need space for 3 people for 3-4 days. I don't want to sell myself short since these things are not cheap. Any insight from people who own these would be appreciated!

Just pay close attention to actual dimensions no matter the brand you're shopping for.

The Yeti 65 holds only 44 quarts because they measure capacity from the outside. Their cooler is $399 whereas the Bison Coolers 50 holds 50 quarts and is $319.

The Yeti 45 holds 30 quarts and is $349. The Bison 25 holds 25 quarts and is $229.

You can buy an American-made product that will outperform Yeti in ice retention all day long for $80-120 cheaper plus you get the custom FRF Lid Graphic.

D

Deleted member 17706

Pelican is the one to get. Great quality! The 45 qt would probably work fine for you if you're not going to use it much. Last time I checked it's not much of a price difference between the two.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

If you're going to use it 3-4 days on camping trips then I would recommend the 65 qt. Go ahead and spend the money for the bigger one. Haha I hope you're camping is not limited to once a year!

intow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the pelican coolers, hold ice great like the others but I've never actually owned one and won't buy one due to seeing several of the latch handles break. I have several Yetis for over 5 years and not one issue other than they run small. Ive got a couple Grizzly coolers also great coolers with no issues. I'd love to try one of these Bisons but the last thing I need is another cooler. If your looking to buy a "high end" cooler, best advice I can give is don't get too hung up on brand names. All of them are super durable and hold ice very well. Get the one your comfortable paying for and don't go bigger than you need. These things are heavy and don't hold ice any better than a igloo if you don't fill as much space with ice as you can. If all you ever carry around is a 12 pack and a pack of lunch meat don't buy a 50 quart or you'll get sick of it real quick.