The COOLER cooler comparasin

Discussion in 'Camping Hiking and Backpacking' started by Ditchplains1, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1 FRF Addict

Attached Files:

2. cbcgeneral

cbcgeneral FRF Addict

Too bad Bison Coolers wasn't part of the test. I was planning on grabbing one of their coolers and wonder how they stack up to the ones tested. It looks like Yeti is at the bottom of the ones reviewed. Now I'm glad I didn't get one of theirs a few months ago when I looked at them. I might look into the Pelicans are you happy with yours?

3. SilentShooter

SilentShooter FRF Addict

People that did the test are morons. Only way you can properly do an ice test is to make sure you have the same % volume of ice in each cooler. Seeing how the internal dimensions of each cooler is different and they used a fixed amount of ice so the smaller volume coolers had an edge from the start.

RLTW and CoronaRaptor like this.
  4. KaiserM715

KaiserM715 Kaiser Söze Staff Member

The test that Overland Journal did was much more thorough and more realistic.

5. Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1 FRF Addict

cbcgeneral,
    I bought a 64 qt for my son and myself on the Dirty Dozen Maine trail ride. It was perfect and held Ice for more than 7 days.
    However I bought more than I need alone, and will probably buy a 45 qt for the future runs.
    The Pelican cooler is the best I have seen; thick outer walls with thick insulation and well designed hinges and latches that work even with gloves on. I've seen multiple varieties of coolers used by the fishing population that inundates Montauk every summer. NONE have been built better than the Pelican.
    Eddie

cbcgeneral, PropDr and SilentShooter like this.
  6. SilentShooter

SilentShooter FRF Addict

And remember if you want the ice to last as long as possible leave as little free air as possible in the cooler. Which is why if you get a BIG cooler it can be a PIA when you don't need it cause filling it half way actually makes it less efficient

7. PropDr

PropDr FRF Addict

I have the 45 and 65, top quality and massive coolers; the 45 stays in the truck and the 65 is in standby.

8. Palerider

Palerider Full Access Member

I have absolutely zero complaints about my Orca. I bought it 2 years ago so it doesn't have the whale tail latches and they aren't "soft" so idk what those guys are talking about.

9. BisonCoolers.com

BisonCoolers.com Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I say we see some photos of other Raptors on coolers :) In all seriousness, we're doing our best to get involved in the Raptor community and support you guys. We do offer a free FRF Lid Graphic at www.bisoncoolers.com with coupon code FRF.

Our coolers are Made in USA and feature custom lid graphics, a built in ruler, dual drain plugs, open grab handles for securing the cooler and true to size capacity (e.g. dimensions measured from the interior not exterior).

[​IMG]

VortexTed, Wilson, Smokinjo and 3 others like this.
  10. Bulletnjm

Bulletnjm FRF Addict

Man that is an expensive cooler to park a truck on lol. That must be one hell of a product. But i dont think i could do it haha

Toadster likes this.