The Complete GEN 2 Raptor Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdaallen

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these 5.0 V8 Ecoboost rumors are really true for release in late released 2017 models and for the new 2018 model? I feel it's just as I said a "rumor".
Just curious since I've had some issues with my current order and it's taking longer than usual.

Nothing changing for 2017. Ford has already announced 2018 engine line up and biggest change is the addition of a V6 Powerstroke for the F150 and entire engine lineup will be available with the 10 speed automatic.. Raptor engine is unchanged.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
No motor change for the Raptor in 2018. My guess is no motor change for 2019 either. I would assume around 2020 or 2021 Ford will want to introduce something new into the mix. The F150 itself is due for a full new facelift at 2019 or 2020 anyway. I could see something around 5.0L and turbo'd then. But they have put too much time and money into this HO 3.5L Ecoboost to let it fizzle out after 1-2 years and offer a new (read: larger) motor. Especially with conforming to any/all new CAFE and EPA standards. I'm sure Ford likes the Ecoboost for that reason.

MRxGREEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the legnth of their 4 door Raptor screw? I can't find the exact measurements and I am trying to see if it will fit in my garage.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the legnth of their 4 door Raptor screw? I can't find the exact measurements and I am trying to see if it will fit in my garage.

245 long, and about two inches of play room on a 8 foot wide door! You need at least 21 feet of room!

MRxGREEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245 long, and about two inches of play room on a 8 foot wide door! You need at least 21 feet of room!

2 car garage, so it is definitely wide enough. I have about 248 inches in length to use. Should fit, just a tight fit! Thanks for the info.

Reaction score

Total length for the Raptor Screw is listed at 231.9" on Ford's website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro