the car stereo company needs a website

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here is some new info guys. i am now the proud owner of thecarstereocompany.com i couldnt have done it without birdman, and his knowledge if the internet. i was able to purchase the domain for a fair price. now, to repay the favor to bird, i want to advertise the frf on my new site. i want any and all local raptor owners to stop by so i can take pics of everyones truck so i can have a raptor page dedicated to frf. the more trucks the merrier. it is short notice, but i would like to see if there are any members willing to come down this weekend sometime.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
as soon as i get some good pics off to bird. that is the final piece to the puzzle. my digital camera isnt good enough, so this tomorrow, i am getting a dslr camera so we can have clean pics.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know Busa as a VAR you can advertise a package that uses name brand stereo equipment if its packaged.... Most have no rules regarding VAR usage... So you make a box, add a speaker, amplifier and advertise it for 699.99 with JL amp is not against anyone's rules... This you can do...

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
You know Busa as a VAR you can advertise a package that uses name brand stereo equipment if its packaged.... Most have no rules regarding VAR usage... So you make a box, add a speaker, amplifier and advertise it for 699.99 with JL amp is not against anyone's rules... This you can do...

he knows this. adding product data and managing an e-commerce site is a pain in the ass and a waste of time unless you can produce high volume. he's better off conducting sales at his brick and mortar store or on the forum. not to mention he wouldn't have a shot in hell of competing with the big players like Crutchfield when it comes to overall visibility and SEO. the online car stereo market is totally ****** out and sales are dwindling at brick and mortar stores nationwide.

a local shop here used to bang out 10+ cars per day with car stereo and other electronics upgrades. i talked to the owner and his #1 source of income now is installing breathalyzers in second offense DUI offender's vehicles. sign of the times...

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the site is not so much for sales, as it is for advertising my business. i want people to be able to see what we are about and the work we do. if it is something they like, they will come. its all about making customers happy, thats what will keep them coming through my doors. good clean installs and having the knowledge of vehicle electrical systems is more important than trying to sell online, for me. what i do here is just for the forum members, and not on the entire net. there is no point in trying to become a big online retailer. like bird said, crutchfield pretty much owns that market, but as a small shop, i can provide the experience and knowledge that you cant get from those big sites. i can apply direct experience to most issues, and can be reached anytime of day.... or night. i just want everyone to be able to see me, my shop, my employees, and let them be the judge for themselves if we are worth taking the time to stop in, or contact. and this is the main purpose of my site.