GEN 2 The big day! First outing with all new new.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals!

had the stock raptor out in the dirt a couple times but now that I had SVC take a crack at her with +3 deavers, traction bars , fox factory 3.0 rear shocks and front coil overs im ready for another go.

heading out to California city and dove springs this Sunday with a few buddies and their rigs.

thoughts on suspension settings ? Leave her in medium? Firm? Soft ?

mainly dirt roads and no mud / sand so probably only airing down to 34/32. Should I go lower?

OP
OP
mattl600

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did the trip go? How did you like your setup?

trip went great!
Hard to compare it to stock since I only had one real outing in it when it was in its stock form.

speeds up to 100mph + on dirt on medium settings and she felt great. No nose diving on the whoops at speed either.

she might feel too confidence inspiring. Ha.

Reaction score
The Fox Factory 3.0s are sitting in the bed of my truck, thanks to Jeff @svc. Hope to get them installed this month. I'm keeping the Deaver +4 HDs on the back. I actually like them and they've settled in after a couple of hauls with a trailer. I can see how the HDs would benefit with a truck bed full of Baja trip gear. However, time and experience will tell. At this point, I'm trusting Jeff's suggestion on the setup.

OP
OP
mattl600

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Fox Factory 3.0s are sitting in the bed of my truck, thanks to Jeff @svc. Hope to get them installed this month. I'm keeping the Deaver +4 HDs on the back. I actually like them and they've settled in after a couple of hauls with a trailer. I can see how the HDs would benefit with a truck bed full of Baja trip gear. However, time and experience will tell. At this point, I'm trusting Jeff's suggestion on the setup.

jeff is great. Once I get back in a few months from this job I’m doing their UCAs