The Bak XT line is coming soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gotbitn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the Roll-X xt?

Since I have my VIN now I am starting to order accessories for my Raptor so I can install them as soon as I pick it up.

permag

Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Roll-X XT since i first saw it at SEMA in November. BAK first said it would be available in January. Then February, Then April. I spoke with them today, and they're now saying, "2 months out" which is June. I wouldn't be surprised if they came back in June and said, "August."

I was able to confirm that the XT will be based on the new Roll-X HD. And, contrary to what we've heard previously, you will NOT be able to upgrade a standard Roll-X to HD or XT rails, because the plastic caps on the end of each aluminum slat are being redesigned to be thicker, and have more engagement with the locking rail.

Any updates on the Roll-X xt?

Since I have my VIN now I am starting to order accessories for my Raptor so I can install them as soon as I pick it up.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^Truth. I'm not sure why companies announce a new product then have delay after delay to the point that people get mad and buy something else. There's at least a half dozen such new products promised from various companies then long delays on just this forum.

Last edited:

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^Truth. I'm not sure why companies announce a new product then have delay after delay to the point that people get mad and buy something else. There's at least a half dozen such new products promised from various companies then long delays on just this forum.

BAK Industries (Laurmark Enterprises) was acquired by Tectum Holdings on March 18, 2014.
New owners are evaluating new products before release, so it depends if they like it or not.

The new company also owns Extang, Under Cover, Retrax, Truxedo, BedRug and Advantage Truck Accessories. How's that for competition? Buy all the competitors and start a monopoly.

I decided not to wait and got the F1. Made it through TRR14 with no problems, love it.

OP
OP
B

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Kojack: As most of you know who follow my posts here, Bak Industries was sold to THI who also now owns BedRug, ReTrax, UnderCover, Extang. Obviously a smart company who sees the future of the truck tonneau cover business. After purchasing BAK, their engineers put a hold on new products until they could be given a full review. The RollXHD has been given the green light and will start shipping in 2-4 weeks. However, we are still waiting for news on the BakFlip and RollX XT models. I hate to make any promises I can't keep, so I don't want to make any predictions about the XT model until the "new guys" make a decision on when they will release the new models. Please keep tuned to this this thread for new developments...Morrie:head3: