The ALL NEW Howe Performance Power Steering System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

I know this is an older thread. I had my power steering pump/rack blow out while swerving around a car that slamed on its brakes. I was able to miss the car but hit a small garage. I was only doing about 35. Its like the steering froze up and the ffkin truck was doing donuts all over the place. Anyway what should I get for a replacement setup. It looks like the oil is coming from the seals on the pump shaft. Should I change out everything? When I first start the truck it turns but resists after 10min it barely moves ,like and old 70s truck with its wheels wedged between 2 rocks.

Replace the pump and fluid. I would run extra through it. Sometimes depending on how the pump went, debris might of gotten into the rack or cooler as it runs through the stock one which if so, could get back to the pump again.

The Howe system still uses the stock cooler and rack. It does add a PS filter to the system though.