The 2018 SnoBall Pic and Vids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deezel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies!

I used to run the old BFG ATs on all my vehicles but they were sketchy as hell in snow/ice.

I live in Utah so a good snow tire is a must. I've been running duratracs lately which are as good as I've found besides a dedicates snow tire. Unfortunately I cut the sidewall on two of them (these were D-rated though) in Moab. These duratracs are just about done, and I've got some new wheels on the way (thanks Rick!:biggrin:) so I need to decide what to get next.

I got a deal on some BFG K02s (which were E-rated) but I ended up sending them back thinking they wouldn't be so good in the snow. The BFGs seem to last longer and are pretty difficult to puncture. All my buddies who go to baja swear by them.

Now I see Goodyear makes a E-rated Duratrac so I'm torn on what to get next.

I also found these:
https://www.tires-easy.com/35-12.50-17/kanati-tires/trail-hog/tirecode/LTG1735125E?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhrbTBRCFARIsACY7MW3ZqdJ0GvDeNkQIGyIm09qgO0NevHBCoDGTNUJ8FOspwCxzGRpSch8aAsvoEALw_wcB

Which look like a knock off duratrac. They are cheap enough I could almost justify buying these just for winter and then get K02 for my summer adventures..

Sorry! Don't wanna hijack this thread! Should prob start a topic in the tire forum.

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I used to run the old BFG ATs on all my vehicles but they were sketchy as hell in snow/ice.

I live in Utah so a good snow tire is a must. I've been running duratracs lately which are as good as I've found besides a dedicates snow tire. Unfortunately I cut the sidewall on two of them (these were D-rated though) in Moab. These duratracs are just about done, and I've got some new wheels on the way (thanks Rick!:biggrin:) so I need to decide what to get next.

I got a deal on some BFG K02s (which were E-rated) but I ended up sending them back thinking they wouldn't be so good in the snow. The BFGs seem to last longer and are pretty difficult to puncture. All my buddies who go to baja swear by them.

Now I see Goodyear makes a E-rated Duratrac so I'm torn on what to get next.

I also found these:
https://www.tires-easy.com/35-12.50...gO0NevHBCoDGTNUJ8FOspwCxzGRpSch8aAsvoEALw_wcB

Which look like a knock off duratrac. They are cheap enough I could almost justify buying these just for winter and then get K02 for my summer adventures..

Sorry! Don't wanna hijack this thread! Should prob start a topic in the tire forum.

The KO2s are much better than the KOs were in the snow, and on par with the duratracs. You can see the increased siping just looking at them. If you’re thinking of getting a tire for the winter you can’t beat the nokian lt2’s, can even buy them studded. If you’re getting the KO2s anyway, might as well rock those year round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Deezel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KO2s are much better than the KOs were in the snow, and on par with the duratracs. You can see the increased siping just looking at them. If you’re thinking of getting a tire for the winter you can’t beat the nokian lt2’s, can even buy them studded. If you’re getting the KO2s anyway, might as well rock those year round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well now I'm regretting sending those K02s back lol. My buddy just ordered a 2018 so maybe I can get him to sell me his..

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

and I've got some new wheels on the way (thanks Rick!:biggrin:) so I need to decide what to get next.

Thanks Dustin! Make sure and post up pics of those new ICON Rebounds when you get them mounted up.

D

Deleted member 12951

Well now I'm regretting sending those K02s back lol. My buddy just ordered a 2018 so maybe I can get him to sell me his..

Note that the GEN2 KO2's are C rated. Depending on what you want to do with them, I would stick with E rated.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Note that the GEN2 KO2's are C rated. Depending on what you want to do with them, I would stick with E rated.

Yeah this is an important point.

They have an E rated 35x12.5R17 and a D rated 37x12.5R17.